Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anybody still using the Noopsyche K7 Pro II?Is it possible if you share your light settings(abcde)?I want to get those blues to make my coral colours pop,but it always seem as there is too much white,which is harder to see the corals colour.

Nutramar Foods

CamoFan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi bro you there?Still couldn’t figure out how to ge the blues without the whites.
Hey man, sorry. Been a busy few days. So, how I change my settings using the V3 controller (cats waterlogged the v2 controller)

1: go to K7 (second option from left)
2: go to SPS or LPS (mine is on LPS)
3: it will allow you to set a custom light schedule and light intensity

From there you can change your channel settings. A is white and B is blue (dark or violet, not home atm.

mum headed that way in about 10 minutes to once I’m there I can give more detail. Man I’m so sorry.

CamoFan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi bro you there?Still couldn’t figure out how to ge the blues without the whites.
Updated directions:

1: Go to K71 (second optioN)
2: select your choice (SPS, LPS or SPS/LPS for mixed reef)
3: change your lighting to your liking or corals. I personally run a little white (channel A) just to see everything (usually 15-30% or less and keep my blues around 75-90%). I don’t usually run red-green but I have it up around 20-30%. UV is around 50%.
Tinker with the light and see what you like.

Channels: A - white light, B - light blue, C - vdark blue, D - violet, E - red-green, F - UV

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Darren Lee

Darren Lee

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated directions:
1: Go to K71 (second optioN)
2: select your choice (SPS, LPS or SPS/LPS for mixed reef)
3: change your lighting to your liking or corals. I personally run a little white (channel A) just to see everything (usually 15-30% or less and keep my blues around 75-90%). I don’t usually run red-green but I have it up around 20-30%. UV is around 50%.
Tinker with the light and see what you like.

Channels: A - white light, B - light blue, C - vdark blue, D - violet, E - red-green, F - UV
Alright thanks man!Im using the V3 controller too!The V2 controller are impossible to find now.

CamoFan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright thanks man!Im using the V3 controller too!The V2 controller are impossible to find now.
Hope that helps dude! I just added a favia and a stylo. Both seem pretty happy as far as I can tell. Favia has its tentacles out and the stylo has its polyps out, kinda hard to tell since they’re both so small. My anemone is happy though as well.

OP
OP
Darren Lee

Darren Lee

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope that helps dude! I just added a favia and a stylo. Both seem pretty happy as far as I can tell. Favia has its tentacles out and the stylo has its polyps out, kinda hard to tell since they’re both so small. My anemone is happy though as well.
Damnnn dude,do you have sps?Mines a mixed reef.

CamoFan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damnnn dude,do you have sps?Mines a mixed reef.
Yeah, my stylo is my first SPS. It seems happy so far. It only been in for 2-3 days though.

Edit: checked my camera roll. I took those yesterday after adding them . Nightshift has killed my sense of time.
F5437B5E-0308-4950-AF91-3A35CB6E3180.jpeg 221342A2-D48B-425B-A004-863684CD9177.jpeg

OP
OP
Darren Lee

Darren Lee

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• ED1BFD3D-528C-4F10-A2A7-2DE70ED65413.jpeg
    ED1BFD3D-528C-4F10-A2A7-2DE70ED65413.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 12
  • 798CB1E4-265E-4887-B6D1-2E64D019C4BC.jpeg
    798CB1E4-265E-4887-B6D1-2E64D019C4BC.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 11
  • C0CF7E8D-097A-434B-98EA-E14967049368.jpeg
    C0CF7E8D-097A-434B-98EA-E14967049368.jpeg
    922.3 KB · Views: 9

CamoFan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang!They seems so happy!
I have a few high end tenuis.
Good looking corals! I’m sticking to beginner stuff right now. I have a GSP colony next to the stylo which is starting to form a little island on the rock I gave it. My anemone is happy and my male clown is hosting it finally.

The light seems to be set now I just gotta keep my nitrates low. Last test was around 20-30ppm (although everyone looked fine used the Red Sea test) and did a 25% water change.

Attachments

• 0D8A2D82-1CEF-4365-ABE9-616E0866838F.jpeg
    0D8A2D82-1CEF-4365-ABE9-616E0866838F.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 9774E517-C7CF-4152-BE28-6845C2E5514E.jpeg
    9774E517-C7CF-4152-BE28-6845C2E5514E.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 11
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Darren Lee

Darren Lee

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good looking corals! I’m sticking to beginner stuff right now. I have a GSP colony next to the stylo which is starting to form a little island on the rock I gave it. My anemone is happy and my male clown is hosting it finally.

The light seems to be set now I just gotta keep my nitrates low. Last test was around 20-30ppm (although everyone looked fine used the Red Sea test) and did a 25% water change.
Yeah 20-30ppm of nitrates are still acceptable,I usually keep my around 5-10pm.I got rid of my Rbta as my clowns weren’t hosting them.The rbta climb around overnight when it has already stayed in one spot for 1month+ and it killed lots of my premium tenuis and Millepora frag…costing me $500+:(.But yeah ur a lucky fella as the anemone hosted the clowns.The gsp might need trimming once it grow out of control.I constantly trim mine.But damnnn man,those anemone pic are sick!Was one of my dreams to see my clowns host them but unfortunately it did not work out..

CamoFan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah 20-30ppm of nitrates are still acceptable,I usually keep my around 5-10pm.I got rid of my Rbta as my clowns weren’t hosting them.The rbta climb around overnight when it has already stayed in one spot for 1month+ and it killed lots of my premium tenuis and Millepora frag…costing me $500+:(.But yeah ur a lucky fella as the anemone hosted the clowns.The gsp might need trimming once it grow out of control.I constantly trim mine.But damnnn man,those anemone pic are sick!Was one of my dreams to see my clowns host them but unfortunately it did not work out..
It took the clowns a few months to find it. The female would taste it (swim by it and brush it) but never really want to get in there. The male saw it and fell in love. I’m lucky that the anemone decided to be where it is which is in the center of my tank under the main arch.

I would love to get a frogspawn, hammer or torch in there but the last time I had a frammer in there, it just never opened up. I would love to try again.

OP
OP
Darren Lee

Darren Lee

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took the clowns a few months to find it. The female would taste it (swim by it and brush it) but never really want to get in there. The male saw it and fell in love. I’m lucky that the anemone decided to be where it is which is in the center of my tank under the main arch.

I would love to get a frogspawn, hammer or torch in there but the last time I had a frammer in there, it just never opened up. I would love to try again.
Yup you should definitely get one,I have a hammer and torch.Mine is a Hellfire Torch(couldn’t upload a pic or vid,not sure why).Btw what your clowns name?Seems to be a designer clown,mine are two black storms.

BRS
OP
OP
Darren Lee

Darren Lee

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also put it in manual mode and just turn everything off, except for the blues, would work if just looking for a bit, and then revert back to the usual SPS custom mode, or whatever you have set up for longer term
Omg thanks! I did not think about that,now when relative come over I can switch to manual and don’t need to hassle changing my routine!Thanks a lot man.

CamoFan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup you should definitely get one,I have a hammer and torch.Mine is a Hellfire Torch(couldn’t upload a pic or vid,not sure why).Btw what your clowns name?Seems to be a designer clown,mine are two black storms.
I’m on the fence because I’m unsure if they’re hard or easy to keep. Been seeing a bit of both on other forums and reddit. His name is Reginald (I call him Reggie) and the female is Bertha. I think Reggie is either a snowflake or a bullet hole.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Darren Lee

Darren Lee

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on the fence because I’m unsure if they’re hard or easy to keep. Been seeing a bit of both on other forums and reddit. His name is Reginald (I call him Reggie) and the female is Bertha. I think Reggie is either a snowflake or a bullet hole.
Trust me mate their easy,just find a reputable seller/shop and buy it from them.They need to be healthy from the seller/shop,if they are stress they are highly to die in your tank.I got mine from a reputable seller and it was not a single stress during delivery.I brought 2 time from another seller and they were stress the minute I open the parcel.The next day they had polyp bailout.The verdict is,if your tank para are fine they will thrive in it.Just buy them from a reputable seller.Mine survive thru 2 alk swing like nothing happened.They also like dirtier water,mine was so happy when my nitrate spiked to 50ppm.But I eventually had to bring it down as I have sps and they were so ticked.

CamoFan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me mate their easy,just find a reputable seller/shop and buy it from them.They need to be healthy from the seller/shop,if they are stress they are highly to die in your tank.I got mine from a reputable seller and it was not a single stress during delivery.I brought 2 time from another seller and they were stress the minute I open the parcel.The next day they had polyp bailout.The verdict is,if your tank para are fine they will thrive in it.Just buy them from a reputable seller.Mine survive thru 2 alk swing like nothing happened.They also like dirtier water,mine was so happy when my nitrate spiked to 50ppm.But I eventually had to bring it down as I have sps and they were so ticked.
Hmm, there’s plenty of good local sellers around. Last tank water tests were ok.

Temp: 80F
Salinity: 1.025
Alk: 12DKH
Nitrate: 15ppm
Phos: .05ppm
Calc: 450ppm
MAG: can’t test but salt mix is 1200ppm so I usually say around 1000ppm

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back