Noo Psyche vs Ai prime HD 16

mh0ward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I imagine it would be easier to color match what you already have with a Prime.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The k7 mini has way more blue/violet compared to more whiter colors that the prime can offer, so visuals are something to think about. However, the lenses don't melt on the k7 mini. In this case, I personally would get a prime or an led bar to span across the tank.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not accurate. I have three over my tank and they were all easily synced with each other.
You must have the larger "pros". I do as well, and yes they sync.

OP was asking about the minis, which do not sync.

It's been a while since I've had mine going, maybe they've updated the app to allow more than one mini set up on the same device at a time.

OP
OP
T

trini2debone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another 32 would work too.
You can get a used one for a good price.

I ran the K7 on an 18" nano and would have no issue running several on larger systems.
The app once set becomes a non issue, imo.
Thought of that but 2 new k7 mini cost less than a used 32.

OP
OP
T

trini2debone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The k7 mini has way more blue/violet compared to more whiter colors that the prime can offer, so visuals are something to think about. However, the lenses don't melt on the k7 mini. In this case, I personally would get a prime or an led bar to span across the tank.
The GLO or GRO, they also don't really match the 32 if I am not mistaken.

OP
OP
T

trini2debone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case you aren't aware, the K7 minis only have 3 channels. So you may not get them to 'match' the other lights as easily. Regular K7s have 7 channels, I think.
I wasn't aware. I just assumed it was a single lens of the PRO. Thanks for the heads up.

nano7g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought of the tuna blue? It’s about as pricey as the AI prime 16HD when you factor in the cost of the controller sold separately. I have the AI prime HD but I’ve grown somewhat envious of the tuna blue when I saw a nano tank at my LFS. It has this vibrancy that’s difficult to replicate with AI.

OP
OP
T

trini2debone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought of the tuna blue? It’s about as pricey as the AI prime 16HD when you factor in the cost of the controller sold separately. I have the AI prime HD but I’ve grown somewhat envious of the tuna blue when I saw a nano tank at my LFS. It has this vibrancy that’s difficult to replicate with AI.
which version is that the A80?

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use k7 mini. It’s the only light I’ve ever used so I can’t really compare it to anything else. My corals grow and stay open. I will say that I have had no issues with some corals that are said to be difficult and I’ve revived some corals that I was told were toast. I think there are lights with better apps but once you’re set you’re set. My power went out for 6 hours and the light held the programming unlike my power head.

OP
OP
T

trini2debone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an interesting turn of events, I could get a pair of AI 26 for 225. Is that a good price? Does it match the colors of the 32?

SanFernandoValleyAIOReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the mini but the K7 is a par monster. I have 6 over my WB 330.7. I have a prime sitting on a shelf. One splash and it's a white only light now. It's been a couple of months since my last noopsyche purchase but it was at my door in 9 days from China. Two other times I purchased were about the same.
I dislike mobius but really like the my Ai app. Noopsyche app is nothing to brag about but it works. Biggest complaint I have is I can never get it to work on wifi so I just use AP mode. I've been running noopsyche for close to 2 years and the app looks the same now as it did then. The qr generator @BeanAnimal designed helps a lot
Can you post a pic of video of your tank? I had the mini & it was too purpleish for me

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a pic of video of your tank? I had the mini & it was too purpleish for me

I just posted pics yesterday. Post #77 in this thread

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@OrlandoAIOReef that one image looks over saturated. This is closer to what I see. Not a great pic with the window but it more realistic.
PXL_20240822_202327688.jpg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back