Noo Psyche vs Ai prime HD 16

trini2debone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an AI hydra 32, I need a few puck lights to fill in some dead spots. I am playing with two ideas: 1) Just get the AI prime 16 hd. The pros are they are on the same app. 2) Get the Noo Pysche K7 mini to do the same job, I have no first hand experience with these lights but at 170 for the pair that a really good pro. What do you guys think?

PS. If your answers is you get what you pay for; go clean your sump or sumpthing because your response will be ignore. :) Thanks for taking time to answer the question :)

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have the mini but I have heard pretty good things about it. I have the K7 pro that replaced my prime 16HD. They are powerful lights and aim sure that the mini might be more powerful than the primes.

nano7g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if they've addressed this since 5 months ago, but one downside of the Noo Psyche k7 is that the shipping time is about 1 month. So if you need a light soon, the AI prime can be had the same day at an LFS .

OP
OP
T

trini2debone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The downside of the AI prime is that the arm is sold separately.
I am not using the mount it comes with. I am making my own, I have to mount them in my canope. This is still a lgreat pro the mounting is free with Noo Psyche

OP
OP
T

trini2debone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI's app is way better. You can't beat the value of the Noo Psyche though. I've got two of each over my 75g.
Has the app on the Noo psyche gotten any better since you started using it? I am wondering if it's just a matter of giving them time.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the mini but the K7 is a par monster. I have 6 over my WB 330.7. I have a prime sitting on a shelf. One splash and it's a white only light now. It's been a couple of months since my last noopsyche purchase but it was at my door in 9 days from China. Two other times I purchased were about the same.
I dislike mobius but really like the my Ai app. Noopsyche app is nothing to brag about but it works. Biggest complaint I have is I can never get it to work on wifi so I just use AP mode. I've been running noopsyche for close to 2 years and the app looks the same now as it did then. The qr generator @BeanAnimal designed helps a lot

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both! Much prefer the prime and my bta's have colored up tremendously since switching to the prime.
Pros. Cheaper and lots of par, and many successful stories, but my bta's prefer the prime.
Cons: app is terrible. Hard to get going the first time, but once set up it's ok.
AND ALSO, they do not sync. So if you need to run more than one on the same tank you'll need them configured separately.
They do not like multiple lights on the same device. I had to run my pair of big ones and one mini from my phone and the second mini from an unused tablet I had lying around.

OP
OP
T

trini2debone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the mini but the K7 is a par monster. I have 6 over my WB 330.7. I have a prime sitting on a shelf. One splash and it's a white only light now. It's been a couple of months since my last noopsyche purchase but it was at my door in 9 days from China. Two other times I purchased were about the same.
I dislike mobius but really like the my Ai app. Noopsyche app is nothing to brag about but it works. Biggest complaint I have is I can never get it to work on wifi so I just use AP mode. I've been running noopsyche for close to 2 years and the app looks the same now as it did then. The qr generator @BeanAnimal designed helps a lot
Okay, thanks. This is helpful. So major con, no wifi. Usually once I set the light I will not change it, so the inital set-up may be slower?

OP
OP
T

trini2debone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both! Much prefer the prime and my bta's have colored up tremendously since switching to the prime.
Pros. Cheaper and lots of par, and many successful stories, but my bta's prefer the prime.
Cons: app is terrible. Hard to get going the first time, but once set up it's ok.
AND ALSO, they do not sync. So if you need to run more than one on the same tank you'll need them configured separately.
They do not like multiple lights on the same device. I had to run my pair of big ones and one mini from my phone and the second mini from an unused tablet I had lying around.
okay, really helpful thanks for sharing about that hiccup. You can pair the same item? Meaning two K7 minis?

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, really helpful thanks for sharing about that hiccup. You can pair the same item? Meaning two K7 minis?
I have two k7 mini running the same light schedule using my phone. No issues. You just have to connect to each one to make any changes instead of it synching to all of them. But like most people you usually set and forget.

OutColdCRNA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not accurate. I have three over my tank and they were all easily synced with each other.

OutColdCRNA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two k7 mini running the same light schedule using my phone. No issues. You just have to connect to each one to make any changes instead of it synching to all of them. But like most people you usually set and forget.
Also not accurate. I make changes in the app and it applies to all three of the lights.

There is a you tube video for syncing the lights with each other. Takes about 20 seconds.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, thanks. This is helpful. So major con, no wifi. Usually once I set the light I will not change it, so the inital set-up may be slower?

Not really slower but you have to disconnect from wifi and connect to the light. After that it's same. Just an inconvenience but I'm like you once they're set its done.

mini-fred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditch the hydra 32.. and replace by 2 k7pro v3?
I have mine running in AP mode.. made a profile on beananimal s tool.. loaded it on the s/m profile and never connected to it ever again as its super reliable..

Love my k7 for the price its absolutely unbeatable (currently have 2 a8se's to try and order)

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case you aren't aware, the K7 minis only have 3 channels. So you may not get them to 'match' the other lights as easily. Regular K7s have 7 channels, I think.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back