Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bigger problem is with such a thick water there is that the micro bubbles fill the tank in minutes. I have had two protein skimmers and one caught on fire lol (started smoking) neither worked under any adjustments. They didn’t have this problem in clean water I even experimented and added a good amount of selcon to the clean water and after a day it worked fine in the water I made.
Micro bubbles may not be a concern right now unless they are bad for fish. Supplying oxygen and clearing bacteria seem most important. By the way, I appreciate that the skimmer might be going nuts, foaming over and producing too much skimmate to manage because there is more to life that emptying buckets of skimmate :)

Avast

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody ever got cloudy water after a rip clean. You should rip clean since it’s a small system, and forego ID issues, just dispense with the cloud and be laser clear.

pick any job linked here, copy it, your tank is now clean

it’s not impossible that yours can’t come back after a deep clean, but theres no precedent for that in fifty pages of work so your % chance is safe bet. You will find out if suspended silt was an issue when you do your tap rinse on the sandbed + clear glass verification test per page 1 examples

you can then change to ocean direct sand/ still tap pre rinsed/ if your current sand is too fine for rinsing and settlement

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
b0bburg3r

b0bburg3r

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody ever got cloudy water after a rip clean. You should rip clean since it’s a small system, and forego ID issues, just dispense with the cloud and be laser clear.

pick any job linked here, copy it, your tank is now clean

it’s not impossible that yours can’t come back after a deep clean, but theres no precedent for that in fifty pages of work so your % chance is safe bet. You will find out if suspended silt was an issue when you do your tap rinse on the sandbed + clear glass verification test per page 1 examples

you can then change to ocean direct sand/ still tap pre rinsed/ if your current sand is too fine for rinsing and settlement
Thanks will give a look tonight

Reef.

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good guess no I don’t used it as it is way to big lol. I turn it on for a few seconds to move food around.
what size tank is it and is it the mp40?

very unlikely the powerhead is too big for the tank, turn it on, flow really helps a lot of processes in the tank.

OP
OP
b0bburg3r

b0bburg3r

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size tank is it and is it the mp40?

very unlikely the powerhead is too big for the tank, turn it on, flow really helps a lot of processes in the tank.
The problem is my file fish gets caught in it… super annoying lol. It’s a 40 breeder effectively.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Coral Frenzy
Back