Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I'm home and not at work early I just like taking some pics of the tank. Just took this pic, regular marine layer blocking the sun. Also around twice a year for a month I'll get the sunrise hitting the tank and those are pretty cool too. Have always liked the mornings when I'm home and open the window blinds and just watch all the fish wake up one at a time and they are just all chilling as they wake up. Post up some natural sunlight pics if your tanks in a location to receive light from the sun, love to see pics people post up of there tanks.
20220828_100036.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
When I'm home and not at work early I just like taking some pics of the tank. Just took this pic, regular marine layer blocking the sun. Also around twice a year for a month I'll get the sunrise hitting the tank and those are pretty cool too. Have always liked the mornings when I'm home and open the window blinds and just watch all the fish wake up one at a time and they are just all chilling as they wake up. Post up some natural sunlight pics if your tanks in a location to receive light from the sun, love to see pics people post up of there tanks.
View attachment 2805166
Surprised you dont have much algae than seen and cant beat natural light as long as it does not cause temperature and algae issues

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I only get to do it a couple times a week, and it really only looks good for a couple hours then the sun gets up higher in the sky, and I shut the blinds, before the lights come on. But watching all my triggers ( my lazy clown trigger is always the last one out, full stomach) the rest of the fish, the Japanese Dragon Eel, and all the hermits scrambling to get back deep in the rocks as all the predators awake just makes for a good start to the day.

CLICK TO VIEW

ID-Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worth a bump. Same as you I really enjoy seeing my tank early in the morning under natural light. As someone who loves to scuba dive I like to also see my corals and fish in a more authentic way on occasion since my lights run on the blue side. The temperature in my tank is stable and won't increase during the 90 minutes of direct sunlight (I suppose my heaters may turn on less however). I also have no increased algae growth issue. I also think it is healthy for my tank as Im able to get light into areas that are shaded most of the day otherwise.

IMG_8925.jpeg

tempImageOzUKpG.png

JC1977

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you posted this I was thinking the same thing yesterday morning watching my fish and drinking my coffee. I really like how the colors pop in natural light. I’ve never scuba dived but I’d like to think that’s how my fish would look.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
World Wide Corals
Back