Nitrate/phosphate

collinnelson9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp I thought I beat Dino’s 2 weeks ago that is not the case. My filtration is quite basic nano q skimmer filter floss and ceramic media on the left and I’ve sterilizer on the right of my innovative marine 25 gallon lagoon. I got my nitrates and phos up to 15 and .15 stayed there for a week so I did a water change now my Hanna testers are reading 0 again for both and bubbles are starting to form on the rocks. I have 4 fish and I feed pretty dang heavy twice a day pellets and frozen.

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Often, especially with newer tanks, keeping nutrients up will not be a one-time adjustment. You may need to implement a daily or weekly dosing regimen to keep them stable. I would suggest you dose again to get them back up and then start testing daily so you can determine the daily consumption. Then you can determine the necessary dosing schedule to keep things where you want. Hopefully phosphate eventually stabilizes for you, but many people, including myself need to dose nitrate consistently to achieve stability. I have to add about 1 ppm/day to keep mine stable at 10 ppm NO3.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back