Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Kessil lights. Wish I had popped the extra few bucks for the 90* brackets instead of the goosenecks, but I have what I have and the lights are awesome.

Not sure what advantage it would be to have every single puck integrated with wifi compatibility? OK, I can see the reduction in the connecting wires as being nice. Bad enough to have the power cords, so I guess I can run with the idea of eliminating the connecting wires from puck to puck. Not an issue in a canopy, but on an open topped setup, the wires are a bit invasive.

The selling point of the wifi dongle is that you can run dozens of different pucks off of a single dongle. It also minimizes wireless signal cross contamination. Further, with a single wireless input, you allow for more reliable control of the system overall.

For us mortals, who only have a few pucks, I am not sure how much this helps or not. My new build will have 4 pucks. Do I NEED to control dozens? I'm not setting up a fish store after all, but I suppose there are people who need that level of control.

Since we know that Kessil is one of the best, if not the overall leader in aquarium lighting, I am sure they looked into this issue and chose the best of the options available.

Personally, I don't find the wires THAT invasive.

Nutramar Foods

undermind

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reflectors!

Or maybe I'm crazy. I know the output angle of the LED lenses makes this concept improbable, but what if you had a wafer with LEDs on both sides so that the front side is as normal, and the back side fires up and into the reflector?

The reflectors are recognized for the success of halides. Why can't Kessil continue to be the most halide-like in the future? Epic shimmer + light that now has spread and goes beyond single point source?

It's part of the reason the Reefbrite XHOs have been king of the hill for a decade in their format. Nobody else has reflectors in their bars.

Ehhh, still probably crazy though

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Kessil lights. Wish I had popped the extra few bucks for the 90* brackets instead of the goosenecks, but I have what I have and the lights are awesome.

Not sure what advantage it would be to have every single puck integrated with wifi compatibility? OK, I can see the reduction in the connecting wires as being nice. Bad enough to have the power cords, so I guess I can run with the idea of eliminating the connecting wires from puck to puck. Not an issue in a canopy, but on an open topped setup, the wires are a bit invasive.

The selling point of the wifi dongle is that you can run dozens of different pucks off of a single dongle. It also minimizes wireless signal cross contamination. Further, with a single wireless input, you allow for more reliable control of the system overall.

For us mortals, who only have a few pucks, I am not sure how much this helps or not. My new build will have 4 pucks. Do I NEED to control dozens? I'm not setting up a fish store after all, but I suppose there are people who need that level of control.

Since we know that Kessil is one of the best, if not the overall leader in aquarium lighting, I am sure they looked into this issue and chose the best of the options available.

Personally, I don't find the wires THAT invasive.
forget wifi, I want Bluetooth like AI and Ecotech

Hairyteeth

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my kessils, their on all my tanks…where are the 160xs?!? Will they ever arrive?
On kessil missing out on supplemental led bars, for sure they are no questions asked, I also have bars paired with all my pucks, from different brands on different tanks…
But that is also they appeal, different spectrums and brands to bring out something different color or spread wise, even if kessil did come out with bars…I’d still probably lean towards something else to mix it up

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what if you had a wafer with LEDs on both sides so that the front side is as normal, and the back side fires up and into the reflector?
This is an interesting concept. It would be interesting to see someone try this, or just mount the light upside down under a halide reflector and see what happens.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NYOS
Back