+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently retired and decided to get an aquarium. I bought a BioCube 32 kit that has "everything you need". then spent another $400 on other stuff I need. So, about $1200 into it with no fish or coral yet. This is day 7 of cycling the tank. already past the Ammonia spike, Nitrites came up a couple of days ago and now Nitrates are rising and Ammonia on the down slope. Hopefully I'll be adding a couple of Clown Fish next week.

I'm mixing my own saltwater with RO/DI water. One of my additional purchases was the RO/DI filter and the Aquarium came with AccuaSea 1 Salt packets. Not certain if I will continue with that salt, I've been looking at Tropic Marin. My idea is that 12 gallon batch, every four weeks will give me water for 10% weekly water changes. The AccuraSea must be mixed in 10 or 15 gallon batches.

So much to learn, but seems like a rewarding hobby. Looking forward to participating in the forums.
Welcome! My first tank was a Biocube 14. It was a great beginner setup. You’re smart to get the 32. More room for livestock. There is a lot of aftermarket equipment available for BioCube tanks.

Tropic Marin, Instant Ocean and RedSea are all good salt mixes.

Its a fascinating hobby. Research everything. Read and read and when you’re done read some more!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Buckster

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and Welcome to R2R! I also have a 32 biocube that was suppose to be a QT. I keep it stocked with smaller fish that my wife enjoys watching. My display is a 180. I also use a 30 for qt but it has two yellow tangs, 2 cardinals, blenny, 2 mandarins and a pair of clowns. Doesn't sound like a qt!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Buckeye
Back