+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently retired and decided to get an aquarium. I bought a BioCube 32 kit that has "everything you need". then spent another $400 on other stuff I need. So, about $1200 into it with no fish or coral yet. This is day 7 of cycling the tank. already past the Ammonia spike, Nitrites came up a couple of days ago and now Nitrates are rising and Ammonia on the down slope. Hopefully I'll be adding a couple of Clown Fish next week.

I'm mixing my own saltwater with RO/DI water. One of my additional purchases was the RO/DI filter and the Aquarium came with AccuaSea 1 Salt packets. Not certain if I will continue with that salt, I've been looking at Tropic Marin. My idea is that 12 gallon batch, every four weeks will give me water for 10% weekly water changes. The AccuraSea must be mixed in 10 or 15 gallon batches.

So much to learn, but seems like a rewarding hobby. Looking forward to participating in the forums.

AquaCave Logo Banner

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
welcome33.gif

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Jimbhoy13

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
It will certainly fill your retirement time.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
CLICK TO VIEW
AquaCave Logo Banner
Top Shelf Aquatics

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello,

I recently retired and decided to get an aquarium. I bought a BioCube 32 kit that has "everything you need". then spent another $400 on other stuff I need. So, about $1200 into it with no fish or coral yet. This is day 7 of cycling the tank. already past the Ammonia spike, Nitrites came up a couple of days ago and now Nitrates are rising and Ammonia on the down slope. Hopefully I'll be adding a couple of Clown Fish next week.

I'm mixing my own saltwater with RO/DI water. One of my additional purchases was the RO/DI filter and the Aquarium came with AccuaSea 1 Salt packets. Not certain if I will continue with that salt, I've been looking at Tropic Marin. My idea is that 12 gallon batch, every four weeks will give me water for 10% weekly water changes. The AccuraSea must be mixed in 10 or 15 gallon batches.

So much to learn, but seems like a rewarding hobby. Looking forward to participating in the forums.
Welcome to Reef2Reef! This is a great place to ask questions and get the information you're looking for. There's a ton of knowledgeable and friendly people around these parts.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
PremiumAquatics.com
Back