Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the reef , and good tank choice , we run one also . Some advice before you get to far into it would be to use some underwater epoxy for fraggin and block off the little hole in the middle of the backplane , its a bypass thats un-needed and have personally lost a few sexy shrimp and a baby clown in it , plus it bypasses the filtration , the stock pump is good as a transfer pump or ato but is a bit lacking for the return most people change it out . The lights are good for some things but best for algae lol, we run a 4 bulb t5 on the tank after the stock lights burned out its the perfect footprint for 24 inch hoods . Super awesome tank and cant wait to see the progress !

Top Shelf Aquatics

Reef_gardens

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, everybody.

As the title states, I'm new to the hobby... Well, I guess that's not entirely true. I remember having a saltwater aquarium in my house in the mid 90s and recall my mother killing a fish nearly every month! Hopefully I don't continue that trend. I actually feel like it's impossible, actually. We have so many resources available today that we just didn't back then.

I've got the 13.5 gallon Evo all in one that's yet to even be cycled, but I'm hoping water will be in it around a 5 days from now! I plan on having two Clowns, a Blenny, and not sure about a possible fourth fish... What you guys think? Four fish too crowded or could it work?

Also planning my corals later down the line. I LOVE toxic green hammers and I think Zoanthids are awesome.

Welp, any tips for a new guy?
Some things to mention. I plan on quarantining all my fish and corals. I've already purchased a new 10 gallon for that purpose. I'm going to attempt copper treatment and once that's complete, finish up with general cure in food and in water.

Oh! And I wanted to know what everyone's preferred method is for putting rocks together in awesome shapes. I want a sick overhang in the tank. I've heard everything from zip-ties to rods of some sort that are inserted after dripping holes?

Thanks for reading!
buy shelf rock and the cement they sell on brs works well

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

It's tragic how often abuse is a generational problem. I have every confidence you can be the one to end the cycle of fish abuse you observed in your mother and can establish and pass on a healthy relationship with fish to your proginy ;) ;Shamefullyembarrased

spockwelcome.jpg

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
First Choice
Back