+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
they can be so scummy. I've long loved bettas and long hated how petshops sell them, right next to fishbowls instead of tanks. on the brighter side, my monkeys look happier with the added salt already :]
Great to hear

BRS

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they can be so scummy. I've long loved bettas and long hated how petshops sell them, right next to fishbowls instead of tanks. on the brighter side, my monkeys look happier with the added salt already :]
pet stores are just stores at the end of the day. it's there to create money, most are not there for the purchaser's actual pet wants and needs, other than to sell anything and everything to them.
As you'll find out, just like anything else people like ripping off people.

Loads of advice, quality products, and like minded people here on R2R. Always looking out for eachother.

We've all experienced non-reliable LFS, it's almost like a right of passage for reefers.

Welcome to the club (R2R)
Showtime Bodega Boys GIF by Desus & Mero

OP
OP
L

littlebrineshrimp

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pet stores are just stores at the end of the day. it's there to create money, most are not there for the purchaser's actual pet wants and needs, other than to sell anything and everything to them.
As you'll find out, just like anything else people like ripping off people.

Loads of advice, quality products, and like minded people here on R2R. Always looking out for eachother.

We've all experienced non-reliable LFS, it's almost like a right of passage for reefers.

Welcome to the club (R2R)
Showtime Bodega Boys GIF by Desus & Mero
:D
i looked through i dont know how many articles before finding this forum @.@
I guess now i focus on finding plants/more substrate for this tank, and hopefully convince my girlies to drop their egg sacs lol. I washed off the nems and they didnt open, so I'm melting them as suggested and hopefully i can keep that live rock to give some algae a place to grow!

CLICK TO VIEW

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess now i focus on finding plants/more substrate for this tank, and hopefully convince my girlies to drop their egg sacs lol. I washed off the nems and they didnt open, so I'm melting them as suggested and hopefully i can keep that live rock to give some algae a place to grow!
Out of curiosity what is your end goal with your tank? What would you like to accomplish?

OP
OP
L

littlebrineshrimp

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity what is your end goal with your tank? What would you like to accomplish?
the brine shrimp are just really lovely to watch for me. So I'm just trying to put together a nice tank for them so I can watch them swim around :) even if its an absolute pain to do water changes x.x

Sailaway

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The “anemones” are unhappy. They look like irritated palythoa or zoa corals. Sea monkeys (brine shrimp) and corals thrive in very different environments. That is why they are irritated and covered In mucous/algae. What are your parameters? I recommend either giving the corals to someone with an established reef or trying to fix the parameters of your current tank.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the brine shrimp are just really lovely to watch for me. So I'm just trying to put together a nice tank for them so I can watch them swim around :) even if its an absolute pain to do water changes x.x
Awesome that’s pretty sweet!!

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt that your LFS sold you aiptasia as an anemone. I agree with @Sailaway that they are probably Zoanthids or Palythoas. If they are palys, be careful when cleaning them off and don’t remove the rock from the water to get the algae off.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Neptune
Back