Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am going to upgrade to a 60-75G tank from a 30G biocube. it is going in the living room and the wife said I can't have all sorts of stuff lying around making it look crappy. I do have a spare bathroom to keep my rodi and supplies under the sink and separate cabinet. I have been looking at the red sea tanks because they allow for quite a bit underneath and still look very clean. I know the price!!! but if we remove the price would you all get one due to the forethought they have put into the setup underneath? I used to like all the DIY design of my plumbing and sump/ refug, but that was 10 years ago when I had a whole room that was hidden away.
anyway... interested in your thoughts

World Wide Corals

Baka Mop

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea and Innovative Marine are both great options, I have both. The nice thing about the Red Sea tanks is that the G2+ models have a sump that is ready for a reefmat without modification, and comes included with the new ATO+ auto topoff. I have them on my 525 G2 and they're honestly worth their weight in gold. Innovative Marine's tanks are top quality, but their sumps are not rollermat compatible without modification at the moment, so that's why I went with Red Sea for my big display tank. Very plug&play, and I think most of the problems with the RSR tanks came from the older model 200+ gallon tanks.

That being said, I would have totally gone with Innovative Marine if their sumps were rollermat compatible and their larger tanks didn't have such funky dimensions, just because of their awesome build quality, but I don't regret my purchase at all.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
get a mop, and three large large box fans if you do go with red sea, see any of the common big threads currently running on the matter here on the site. there's about 5 currently reviewing wet flooring

if trending means anything you'll have cleanup to do in 2026.

Nelve

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only speak on the older models which has already been mentioned. Currently in the process of replacing my RS 525 I set up in 2020 with an IM tank due to a seal already failing. Not sure if the newer models will hold up long term, but I plan to avoid them.

bushdoc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disclamer: I never owned Red Sea tank, but I see them in 3 out of my 4 LFS and they were not leaking. I have been visiting those stores for several years.
Surely owners of LFS selling Red Sea have vested interest in promoting them, but brand is well recognized and arguably most popular in US.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there really are thousands/the majority not leaking agreed. that's not helping our peers in the wet floor threads though. I too do not own one, I don't even own a square reef tank from any brand. my reef tank came from the flower section of wal mart.

EliMelly

Review score
+0 /0 /-1
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
get a mop, and three large large box fans if you do go with red sea, see any of the common big threads currently running on the matter here on the site. there's about 5 currently reviewing wet flooring

if trending means anything you'll have cleanup to do in 2026.
I was waiting for a sarcastic comment from you the moment I saw this thread title. @brandon429 you always make me smile.

OP
OP
likemike99

likemike99

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks all for the replies. I will look deeper into this.
Red Sea and Innovative Marine are both great options, I have both. The nice thing about the Red Sea tanks is that the G2+ models have a sump that is ready for a reefmat without modification, and comes included with the new ATO+ auto topoff. I have them on my 525 G2 and they're honestly worth their weight in gold. Innovative Marine's tanks are top quality, but their sumps are not rollermat compatible without modification at the moment, so that's why I went with Red Sea for my big display tank. Very plug&play, and I think most of the problems with the RSR tanks came from the older model 200+ gallon tanks.

That being said, I would have totally gone with Innovative Marine if their sumps were rollermat compatible and their larger tanks didn't have such funky dimensions, just because of their awesome build quality, but I don't regret my purchase at all.
this was the main reason I was drawn to them. the sump/ ato and reef mat

F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my custom tank from glass cages.
@Joe Glass Cages and his team do great work. They will walk you through the process, come up with exactly what you want, and make sure you are 100% satisfied. I love mine. 96x30x25.

20230507_135252.jpg

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Visit Detroit Reef Club
Back