+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
New member here. I just upgraded by 20 gallon nano to a 50 gallon cube. I just finished the plumbing for my sump recently and instead of slipxslip bulkheads I used 1" bulkhead abs slip×thread for the ability to replace in the future if needed. I used 1" schedule 80 male pipe adapters to screw into the bulkheads. While plumbing the system I used plumbing tape for those threads before screwing them in.

After cementing all my pipe together to the adapters and starting to run the system, i added microbacter to my display/sump and added a small shrimp for the bacteria to start the cycle. At first I didnt notice any leaks so let the system run. I went on a week snowboarding trip and am not at home. I asked someone to turn off the return pump after they told me they saw major leaks between all the bulkheads and the adapters (see the attached picture). I also asked them to take out the shrimp since the filtration is not running. My maxpect gyre xf330s are still running in the meantime.

Should I try again with new slipxthread bulkheads or should I just replace them with slip/slip and cement everything together? Also, is the gyre enough to provide circulation for a week without the return pump on? Or should I just restart with new RODI water after I fix the bulkhead leaking issue when I return? Thanks!

Screenshot_20200113-211939_Gallery.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Top Shelf Aquatics
Back