Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I bought a blue tipped sebae anemone with some Christmas money from LiveAquaria. It just came in yesterday, so I obviously don’t expect it to be 100% settled in its new environment yet, but I wanted some direction. Will it eventually settle in a place it chooses? It almost looks like it’s upside town with the tentacles in the sand and the foot pointing up, but every time I try to flip it, it falls over. I’m thinking I need to just leave it alone and let it find a home. Any advice?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dig a hole in the sand next to a rock. Put it foot down in the hole. Fill in sand around it and use a small rock or something similar to temporarily help hold it in place. Don’t put the rock right on top of it, but almost.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
r.reefer

r.reefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters, lights and tank age? They can be one of the harder nems to keep. Have current pics? How did you acclimate?
Sorry I’m just now getting back! My tank is 3 years old, it’s 40 gallons. I have 1 RedSea LED 50, running mostly blue light with some whites. I just did a water test yesterday, and things are a little lower than they should be (I’ve been trying to find the beset dosage of All for Reef for my tank): 6.5 alk, 35 salinity, 0 ammonia, close to 0 nitrate, 350 calcium, pH 7.6. I’m working to correct the parameters; today the nem isn’t moving and its covered in a cloudy film. I’m concerned it might be just dead :/

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey everyone! I bought a blue tipped sebae anemone with some Christmas money from LiveAquaria. It just came in yesterday, so I obviously don’t expect it to be 100% settled in its new environment yet, but I wanted some direction. Will it eventually settle in a place it chooses? It almost looks like it’s upside town with the tentacles in the sand and the foot pointing up, but every time I try to flip it, it falls over. I’m thinking I need to just leave it alone and let it find a home. Any advice?
Sebae are picky with environment. best with these is to turn off water flow for a couple of hours and allow it to choose a Happy spot in the tank.
Assure light is moderate and flow moderate when pumps are on as bright light and high flow will cause them to move. Assure nitrate and Phosphate not elevated for its health. Feed mysis shrimp 2X per week

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SR
Back