Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I started a 90 gallon reef.I have some experience in having a 20g for 9 months.I put my 2 clown fish a powered blue tang,sailfin tang,and hippo tang in.I also have a lawn mower and sand swifter that Im going to add when tank matures. Any ideas of other fish I can add that are reef safe

AS

Slocke

Wrasse Nerd
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I started a 90 gallon reef.I have some experience in having a 20g for 9 months.I put my 2 clown fish a powered blue tang,sailfin tang,and hippo tang in.I also have a lawn mower and sand swifter that Im going to add when tank matures. Any ideas of other fish I can add that are reef safe
  • Basslet like a royal gramma
  • Wrasse like:
    • Yellow coris
    • melanarus
    • Timor
    • Any flasher wrasse
    • any fairy wrasse
  • Cardinal like a Banggai
  • Lamarck's angelfish
Honestly could go on forever but theres a start

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Basslet like a royal gramma
  • Wrasse like:
    • Yellow coris
    • melanarus
    • Timor
    • Any flasher wrasse
    • any fairy wrasse
  • Cardinal like a Banggai
  • Lamarck's angelfish
Honestly could go on forever but theres a start
I back the Lamarck's and the melanurus, great wrasse choice. I like the Lamarck's due to it being a peaceful dwarf angel, as a lot of dwarfs are jerks and may nip at coral. Also into the fairy/flasher wrasses but your gonna need a lid.

QuickrdenU

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you
I back the Lamarck's and the melanurus, great wrasse choice. I like the Lamarck's due to it being a peaceful dwarf angel, as a lot of dwarfs are jerks and may nip at coral. Also into the fairy/flasher wrasses but your gonna need a lid.
what about the Swallowtail angelfish? I’m thinking of getting one for a reef tank. Similar?

Top Shelf Aquatics

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering you have 3 tangs, I’d say you’re maxed out. I know this sounds insane however none of them will allow for a new inhabitant to be added and they will all outgrow your tank and likely stress unfortunately.

OP
OP
Jme 1975

Jme 1975

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering you have 3 tangs, I’d say you’re maxed out. I know this sounds insane however none of them will allow for a new inhabitant to be added and they will all outgrow your tank and likely stress unfortunately.
Hello thank you for the info. So far everything is fine.How long do I have before I have to talk to the women about getting a bigger tank

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello thank you for the info. So far everything is fine.How long do I have before I have to talk to the women about getting a bigger tank
It really depends on the size they are currently. Any of those guys at 4” will already have outgrown a 4’ tank. And for the Desjardini alone you’ll want atleast an 8’ tank (Even then, some people do say that’s too small).

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back