New Control board for Pico - What size should I try next?

Which size aquarium should I use for my next Pico Reef?

• 2.5L 15cm cube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5.0L 18cm cube

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Polymate3D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

So my next micro controller board will be here soon. This is what it should do:

7W Heating
5W Cooling
3x 0.6W LEDs

It regulates the temperature by both heating and cooling the Pico reef, which along with a tight sealing lid removes evaporation as a concern, making Picos easier. Runs of a USB plug!

But what size. I can do up to 5L with the 7W heating.

Wanna see the 1st iteration which is running but has flaws? Check it out:

0.7L 3D Printed Pico Reef

Thanks for your vote!

- Paul

OP
OP
Polymate3D

Polymate3D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IKEA 1.7L Jar (Cyclinder)

The idea around this one is that the container can be found by most people locally to them, and so the board if made available could enable the majority of people a easy route to a cost effective and easier Pico Reef:

If you would be interested in one you could get involved in possibly, this is the one to vote for.

2.5L 15cm (Cube)

The current pico running is a 10cm cube, and the 15cm was used in the past to bring a yellow goby back to health. He seemed to love the little tank but evaporation and maintenance made it not a very viable solution. He ended up going back into my 13G and dieing, after being found in the back filtration section multiple times. Just never seemed to like being in the main tank even though he was not bullied.

This would be developing the pico to be a little reef aquarium which would then house a new yellow goby, but with a much easier to look after design this time. A 34L aquarium is ready in case the size is too small or something else occurs.

This size could also possibly be expanded to have a sump as well, so flexible.

5.0L 18cm (Cube)

This size would be to push the control board to it's limit and create a nice desktop aquarium for a office or similar. Would likely be built with a stand to match a design similar to a Red Sea nano but on a super small scale.

Being 5L, it should be able to hold some more coral frags than the other 2.

Hope this information helps

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back