+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I got another clown last Thursday to replace one that that unfurl jumped into the sump and died. This new one has not eating anything since then, I've tried Spirulina Brine Shrimp, Baby Brine Shrimp, as well as flakes. He was not interested at all in the Spirulina or flakes. He showed mild interest in the Baby Brine as he put them in his mouth but then spit it out. Any ideas on why he's not eating? What else can I try?

BRS

Makara23

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got my clown, it didn't eat for 1.5 weeks! It got noticeably thinner. I was sure it wasn't going to make it, but then it finally started nibbling on very small amounts of food. Now, he eats like a pig.

I think some just take longer than others to adjust to the new environment stress. I'm just shocked how some fish are able to go that long without eating a single bite.

OP
OP
D

danenelsen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got my clown, it didn't eat for 1.5 weeks! It got noticeably thinner. I was sure it wasn't going to make it, but then it finally started nibbling on very small amounts of food. Now, he eats like a pig.

I think some just take longer than others to adjust to the new environment stress. I'm just shocked how some fish are able to go that long without eating a single bite.
Ok, thanks you!

Corals.com
OP
OP
D

danenelsen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, good luck with that. I hope he acclimates and starts eating for you. If a week goes by I'd be concerned but probably to early yet for him to be comfortable.
Ok, I'll keep watching him. Thanks for the advice.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Kinetics
Back