New Clarisea fleece and skimmer going berserker when the roll runs out?

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I’ve had a Clarisea sk5000 for over five years. I’ve never had issues with the skimmer going berserker when the fleece ran out (old style fleece). At some point, maybe the beginning of the year, Clarisea came out with the new style fleece that has a hole cut in the fleece at the end of the roll. The hole allows water to bypass the fleece when the roll runs out so that it doesn’t continue pulling the fleece off the roll, to where you have to fish for it to replace the fleece. This is pretty cool, and makes replacing the fleece a little easier. The problem I’m having though, is that my skimmer goes bonkers as soon as the hole in the fleece contacts water. If I pull the fleece out, to where the hole isn’t in contact with water, and allow the water to just free flow the skimmer calms back down. This is leading me to believe that there may be some contaminate around the hole in the fleece. Is anyone else noticing this? I’m very curious as to how they cut/punch that hole. If it’s a laser, I can’t imagine it leaving any contaminate. If it’s some sort of mechanical cut, I’m wondering it the tooling has some sort of oil. Anyway, just curious. I’ve had three of the rolls, and all have had the same issue. I’ve changed countless of the old style, without this issue.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back