+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I’m currently setting up a 150g reef tank and was wanting to use Neptune trident and dos pumps to have my testing and dosing automated.

How accurate is the trident? Is it worth the investment? I’m seeing mixed reviews. Some love it and some hate it…

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi

I’m currently setting up a 150g reef tank and was wanting to use Neptune trident and dos pumps to have my testing and dosing automated.

How accurate is the trident? Is it worth the investment? I’m seeing mixed reviews. Some love it and some hate it…
You’ll get mixed answers but I find trident often false on calcium readings but close to Hanna readings on alk and magnesium

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine setup with controlled dosing for my 2 part and absolutely love it. Mine is usually accurate with my other test kits but I have had a time or two where it started to drift.
I’ve now gotten to where if my 2 parts aren’t being dosed at close to the same amount I will get the manual tests out to check the tridents readings.

Overall I don’t regret the purchase, even though my trident did break at the 16 month mark and I had to have it fixed.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consistent but not too accurate. You can cross check with Salifert to calibrate in your mind what you are seeing. I found that the accuracy went up when I decreased the height difference between the trident and the end of the pickup tube..

rtparty

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love mine! The alkalinity is off about 1dkh from my Hanna or Salifert but I leave it be. I don’t care what number the Trident throws out so long as it’s reliable and consistent. I tell it to keep my Alk at 7dkh and know that’s actually 8dkh or so.

Calcium and magnesium are spot on. I’ve never even had to calibrate it.

Coupled with DOS pumps, I’ve never had a more stable tank.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back