Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ATK and was wondering if it's possible to use the 24v power supply connected to the FMM for power monitoring?
No. The Apex can only monitor the 12v Auxiliary power adapter for power outages using the Power Monitor setting described in my tutorial. It has no way to determine if the 24v adapter for the FMM, DOS, 1Link, Trident, or COR loses power.

However, there is one possible workaround...If you have multiple EnergyBars with one on backup power and the other unprotected, you can monitor when it loses power and use that to control outputs on any EnergyBar which is running on battery or generator power:

If Power EnergyBarName Off 000 Then OFF

CLICK TO VIEW

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. The Apex can only monitor the 12v Auxiliary power adapter for power outages using the Power Monitor setting described in my tutorial. It has no way to determine if the 24v adapter for the FMM, DOS, 1Link, Trident, or COR loses power.

However, there is one possible workaround...If you have multiple EnergyBars with one on backup power and the other unprotected, you can monitor when it loses power and use that to control outputs on any EnergyBar which is running on battery or generator power:

If Power EnergyBarName Off 000 Then OFF
Thank you for the info. I don't have a second energy bar (yet anyways) so I'll probably just go ahead and get the 12 volt power adaptor for now. I just got the Apex and I'm working on figuring everything out, it's great you're taking your time to share what you've learned

RagnarReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of my powerheads (Vortec MP40) plugged into Apex just for power monitoring to get an idea of when maintenance is needed. Is there a way to turn off the power alarm during feed modes that I've programmed separately through Mobius app? Or should I just reset the lower limit of the alarm so that there are no longer alarms during feed mode?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
SuncrestReef

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of my powerheads (Vortec MP40) plugged into Apex just for power monitoring to get an idea of when maintenance is needed. Is there a way to turn off the power alarm during feed modes that I've programmed separately through Mobius app? Or should I just reset the lower limit of the alarm so that there are no longer alarms during feed mode?
What are your current upper and lower power monitoring limits, and what does the Apex report when Mobius goes into Feed mode?

KarlsReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if Neptune intends to release an international version of the EB8?

I am in Sydney Australia, and unfortunately we can only get the EB6 Down Under.
From what they said when they finally introduced the EB632 UK and EU I would hold much hope for anything more. It's taken 5 years for them to do it and they are pretty hard to get hold of right now, plus they would need a larger footprint for it given the plug sizing. I don't think they want to either lol.
I just wish things weren't so quiet over there currently as nothing has been on YouTube for a good month, since Terence departed they certainly have lost the publicity side. I'd hope that being part of the BRS family they might improve on social interactions. I'd love more coming soon teases n general videos.

RagnarReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your current upper and lower power monitoring limits, and what does the Apex report when Mobius goes into Feed mode?
The Apex report would be an alarm stating the "W is less than _ (_)". I changed the lower power limit so that it no longer alarms. Basically I was trying to figure out a way to ignore that alarm during specific times of day when the feed mode goes on to still use a reasonable lower limit on the power monitoring to let me know I need to clean the wet side if that makes sense.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
SuncrestReef

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex report would be an alarm stating the "W is less than _ (_)". I changed the lower power limit so that it no longer alarms. Basically I was trying to figure out a way to ignore that alarm during specific times of day when the feed mode goes on to still use a reasonable lower limit on the power monitoring to let me know I need to clean the wet side if that makes sense.
The best practice method to apply specific conditions on alarms (such as time restrictions or ignore during Feed mode) is to use a virtual output:

[Alarm_Vortech]
Set OFF
If Output Vortech Watts < 10 Then ON
If Time 10:00 to 10:29 Then OFF
If FeedA 005 Then OFF

[EmailAlm]
Set OFF
If Output Alarm_Vortech = ON Then ON

If you're not familiar with virtual outputs, see my tutorial here:

powers2001

started reefing 1999
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SuncrestReef you gave us an example of power monitoring with the EB832 power up a powerhead that had seized up from precipitation. I know with some powerheads the impeller is designed to turn in either of (counter)clockwise directions like Maxi-Jets depending on the way they power up but don't know how to describe the difference in the powerup ways. Or with other powerheads, which have a propeller instead of an impeller, are designed to always turn only a (counter)clockwise direction to keep pushing water forward like Tunzes and Sicce XStreams (even though they are AC driven.) Sometimes an only-direction-turning powerhead, although they are designed to be continually powered on and are not for pulsing, will seize up on startup after a power outage for some reason. Will the coding below work for the two types of AC pumps I have described: the either-of-two direction impeller driven pumps, and the one-direction-only turning propeller driven pumps?

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Output EB_7_SMPFLO Amps > 5.0 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON

Nutramar Foods

The Rasta Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long battery time was least of my consideration though its sized to give me in excess of 4 hours which covers well over 95% of the power outages in my city. The vast majority of equipment damage/failure from my experience comes from brown outs and surges so my sensitive electronics espc APEX always gets clean Sine Wave power. Oh and if you are an APEX user get the power supply and plug it into the non battery side on UPS which can give you control (through programming) of which equipment stays on and for how long etc. thereby extending battery life.

Hope this helps and remember Safety 1st. :)

E7384551-E5D8-4ABD-BF9F-9722EA6D9CF0.jpg

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Queen City Corals
Back