Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks are looking good and I hope your recovers from the wave maker run in.

Thanks @crusso1993 - remarkably, she has been eating and starting to swim more (spending less time lying on her side) - I'm becoming more optimistic that she will recover :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutramar Foods

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn’t getting notifications! Tanks look great neo!

Oh man, he's back. I was hoping he was gone for good! ;Hilarious

Avast
OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bo appears to be making a full recovery :) Next, what to do with Floss, our six line wrasse- she’s a beautiful fish and a hard worker, but she bullies the assessor and Bo in a big way. I originally believed that leaving Floss in the timeout box for a week would allow the meeker fish to establish themselves and prevent the bullying, but that plan did not go as planned.

AC2C429E-A0A3-4C0B-8F61-0FE2109E3165.jpeg

KC V.

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bo appears to be making a full recovery :) Next, what to do with Floss, our six line wrasse- she’s a beautiful fish and a hard worker, but she bullies the assessor and Bo in a big way. I originally believed that leaving Floss in the timeout box for a week would allow the meeker fish to establish themselves and prevent the bullying, but that plan did not go as planned.

View attachment 1069637
Glad to hear that Bo is recovering!

Tanks are looking great after the move!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Brandon Etzler

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great man! Your thread helped sell me on this tank. Ordered it yesterday! Was hard to pick this over the waterbox 50.3 or 70.3 as those honestly look to be built a little better but i love these Dimensions and im sure these tanks are built well enough;) No issues with your acrylic bowing or bad silicone coming lose?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Brandon Etzler

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great man! Your thread helped sell me on this tank. Ordered it yesterday! Was hard to pick this over the waterbox 50.3 or 70.3 as those honestly look to be built a little better but i love these Dimensions and im sure these tanks are built well enough;) No issues with your acrylic bowing or bad silicone coming lose?

Brandon Etzler

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Brandon Etzler ! I'm very pleased with the tanks. Never looked closely at Waterbox or RedSea, so not sure how they compare on price/features. The acrylic that separates the display from the sump bowed in on some of the first units, so JBJ added another brace and everything seems fine. Silicone work is very clean. The stock pumps seem to have some reliability issues, so I replaced them with Sicce Sycra Silent and Mighty Jets (my Accela pumps never had issues, just replaced them because it seems to be a common upgrade). The glass tops that come with the tank are heavy duty and heavy, and the plastic tabs that hold them at the top of the tank are brittle - two of mine broke within a couple months, so I'm replacing them with the Red Sea screen tops. I think the stands are made well enough, and I like the gloss finish. My next project is to build an acrylic shroud to hide the sump area - parts are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so should have something to share in the next week or so. Good luck with your setup!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Brandon Etzler

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Brandon Etzler ! I'm very pleased with the tanks. Never looked closely at Waterbox or RedSea, so not sure how they compare on price/features. The acrylic that separates the display from the sump bowed in on some of the first units, so JBJ added another brace and everything seems fine. Silicone work is very clean. The stock pumps seem to have some reliability issues, so I replaced them with Sicce Sycra Silent and Mighty Jets (my Accela pumps never had issues, just replaced them because it seems to be a common upgrade). The glass tops that come with the tank are heavy duty and heavy, and the plastic tabs that hold them at the top of the tank are brittle - two of mine broke within a couple months, so I'm replacing them with the Red Sea screen tops. I think the stands are made well enough, and I like the gloss finish. My next project is to build an acrylic shroud to hide the sump area - parts are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so should have something to share in the next week or so. Good luck with your setup!

Awesome dude! Thx for all that info! Yeah the only problem i might have is my floors are uneven so hopefully i can shim the rubber feet and not lose any stabilty. I want the stand to be super sturdy and not wobble at all:) A friend of mine did the acrylic piece over back area too. Oh and sorry i posted three times lol. Im not sure how that happened and couldn't figure out how to delete. Just joined:) Ill be upgrading from my Innovative marine 30L. Before that i had a 125 reef with sump. This should be the perfect size:) look forward to following your thread!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the deal with this stuff? What’s part c. I’m a big TM fan.

@Hemmdog , I'm using the BRS CACL and Bicarbonate for 2-part dosing and doing very few water changes (perhaps once every couple months), so the TM Part C includes the saltwater trace elements, but no calcium or alkalinity additives, so it provides a simple way to add trace elements back into the system.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hemmdog , I'm using the BRS CACL and Bicarbonate for 2-part dosing and doing very few water changes (perhaps once every couple months), so the TM Part C includes the saltwater trace elements, but no calcium or alkalinity additives, so it provides a simple way to add trace elements back into the system.
So I could use that instead of Red Sea trace abcd, 4 separate things ? Sounds like I need it! Lol. I’m use esv 2 part I’m not sure which traces are already included in the alk and cal supplement. I dose esv mag once every two weeks as well to correct deviation. Just learned recently that the cal in esv 2part has mag in it.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I could use that instead of Red Sea trace abcd, 4 separate things ? Sounds like I need it! Lol. I’m use esv 2 part I’m not sure which traces are already included in the alk and cal supplement. I dose esv mag once every two weeks as well to correct deviation. Just learned recently that the cal in esv 2part has mag in it.

I dose magnesium as necessary, but my tank doesn’t seem to consume much. Yes, it’s my understanding That the part c accomplishes what many other vendors are trying to do as well - you dose it in proportion to your calcium and alkalinity. The BRS TV link that I provided has some good information and it’s worth a watch

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Back