Need help with one of my clown fish

Cutiepie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my clown fish, that's in the quarantine tank has stopped consuming food since 2 days and slowed himself down. He was alright before i did a 100 percent water change, while my other clown fish are having food fine. I did notice white thread like poop and found it could be internal parasite based on his behavior and reading through forum discussion. Unfortunately i cant get my hands on general cure here. Adding to his behavior, i also noticed clown twitching and having a seizure like behaviors where they tend to flap their fins more like in a seizure kind in some sort of discomfort.
Would appreciate any kind of help with treating my clown fish
TIA

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
One of my clown fish, that's in the quarantine tank has stopped consuming food since 2 days and slowed himself down. He was alright before i did a 100 percent water change, while my other clown fish are having food fine. I did notice white thread like poop and found it could be internal parasite based on his behavior and reading through forum discussion. Unfortunately i cant get my hands on general cure here. Adding to his behavior, i also noticed clown twitching and having a seizure like behaviors where they tend to flap their fins more like in a seizure kind in some sort of discomfort.
TIA
Please provide pics and even video of at least 20 seconds under white light intensity. I suspect Brooklynella rather than internal issue. If you are feeding mysis and even brine shrimp exclusively, you will get feces that mimic internal issue

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding to above can you please detail your quarantine method?

Welcome to R2R

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TIA
Pictures and more info about your tank will help us figure out what is going on!

OP
OP
C

Cutiepie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the small video clip of my clown.

OP
OP
C

Cutiepie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding to above can you please detail your quarantine method?

Welcome to R2R
I have small QT tank that's like 20 liters, so far they were under observation for the past 1.5 month. The LFS that i get fishes have a Quarantine facility and they do quarantine their fishes before selling.

I did add cuppermine yesterday as couple of clowns were flashing their face on the heater and the pump. I did lose all my fishes in DT because of ick outbreak, since i didn't follow the quarantine process, learning from mistakes and now have QT and following the process after reading forums and watching YouTube videos. My display tank has gone through fallow period and has some corals and CUC.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back