Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I shipped coral before and it has gone okay, but this time of year I struggle a bit. It’s about 70 where I live but if someone from a warmer state (Florida/Texas etc..) where it’s upper 70s-mid 80s - do I include a cooler pack? Would a cooler pack be too cold for where I am (70 deg) and cause it to drop too low?

also, where do people get insulated boxes? I got mine from uline but they’re like $50/box for a small 8x6x6 and shipping on that small of a box is between $40-$90 for overnight.
Thanks!

Top Shelf Aquatics

The_Paradox

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually throw a few grains of carbon in the bag before sealing them, then wrap the bag in several layers of butcher paper. Then place the bags in the cooler with a cool pack. As for the coolers, if you don’t have any check with your local fish store. They usually throw/give them away by the dozens.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Not woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone in Texas, I am new to this (started in February) but I have only received stuff with little heat packs in it so far. Again it hasn’t been higher than about 85 though so far when I’ve received them. I’ve ordered from several different vendors and of the probably 7 packages I’ve received with coral, they all seem to have a good styrofoam cooler, good plastic bags with some peanuts to fill in spaces, and sometimes a little paper with a small heat pack on top. I don’t have any experience in the warmer weather yet though. I haven’t received any dead coral.

Corals.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back