Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm in Warminster 18974 and we just bought a 125 gallon tank. I would like to drill the overflow, but I have no experience with this. Is there anyone in the area who might be able to help ?

Thanks in advance!

20170302_173036.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner

Greg Miller

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not in the area but I drilled a 75 gallon. You have to make sure what you are drilling isn't tempered. I ended up emailing Marineland. I bought a bit with template. I taped the template and had my wife use a spray bottle to keep it wet while I patiently drilled it. You want to figure out your plumbing and drain before selecting the bit size.

Nutramar Foods

Greg Miller

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can I tell if its tempered ?

There are tons of threads on how to do this. Most involve using a computer or tablet screen and polarized glasses. I was never sure if I was seeing what I was supposed to though. That's why I just emailed Marineland. They me the back is not tempered but if you drill it you void your warranty.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember that you're not actually drilling the tank. You are using a drill to sand away a hole. Don't apply pressure or a bunch of speed. Slow and steady are your friends.

I grew up near you. You might look up the Southeastern P.A. saltwater reef aquarium classifieds on FB. There's a very active community from roughly your area to Collegeville or so. You also have a pretty decent selection of good LFS.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
BSA
Back