Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is day 2 now, and I have been paralyzed in fear...so I know that I'm just a sitting duck here. I woke up Thursday morning and saw a nasty crack in the bottom front left corner of my JBJ 15 gal nano. It has not spread, and it is not leaking. No idea why it cracked, but it has been set up since February with no change. JBJ is covering it under warranty and sending me a replacement, but what do I do in the meantime? Slather in silicone and wait it out? Put everything in a Rubbermaid?

I don't even know when the replacement tank will arrive, and I am leaving the country for two weeks on 9/29 to make matters worse. Now I might have to scramble to get a service to reset all of this up for me while I am away. $%@#!

tempImageeGbuFK.png tempImageNriC3r.png tempImageElEHJf.png

Top Shelf Aquatics

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to Petco or Petsmart and buy a 20 gallon Aqueon tank. I wouldn't take any chance. You will need to rinse out your sand or go bare bottom. I would add some starter bacteria and run Poly Filter for protection.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Mogwai

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is day 2 now, and I have been paralyzed in fear...so I know that I'm just a sitting duck here. I woke up Thursday morning and saw a nasty crack in the bottom front left corner of my JBJ 15 gal nano. It has not spread, and it is not leaking. No idea why it cracked, but it has been set up since February with no change. JBJ is covering it under warranty and sending me a replacement, but what do I do in the meantime? Slather in silicone and wait it out? Put everything in a Rubbermaid?

I don't even know when the replacement tank will arrive, and I am leaving the country for two weeks on 9/29 to make matters worse. Now I might have to scramble to get a service to reset all of this up for me while I am away. $%@#!

View attachment 2838495 View attachment 2838496 View attachment 2838497
As stated by a fellow reefer. I would definitely buy a tank to house your stuff in before it gets worse. As far as sand and bacteria, I would add fresh sand and add extra bacteria to the water to control nitrates and ammonia. IMO, your liverocks should have plenty of bacteria on them to balance everything back out without major fluctuation and using atleast half of your existing water so it's not a complete change in parameters.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

View attachment 2838495 View attachment 2838496 View attachment 2838497
this is tructural and needs to be emptied ASAP.
A new tank will be under $50 or look at craigslist and facebook marketplace in your area- You may find a replacement tank for a steal

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Copepods
Back