Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how much did you buy? if you only bought a small amount then you might just want to not use it, but... if you do use it cannot help you on that. sorry! i used such a long time ago and used it once i really cant remember how i went about it. now... sorry @Randy Holmes-Farley but it did raise my ph :grinning-face-with-sweat: so i will say it works. maybe not for everyone but it worked for me. also your tank is so small that it might raise it super quickly. so i would just test every day for a week to see how much a small amount would raise it like maybe a half teaspoon or something like that. just look it up to see and to lots of tests. moniter calc, alk mag, and stuff like that to see if it raised those a lot
Any idea how fast it’s supposed to raise alk/pH typically?

I just have the 250g bottle but the dosing seems to be such a small amount for my tank so I thought it would last a long time. Its also only $10 so not a big deal.

it says to use 5g per 40g to raise pH by 0.1 And alkalinity by 0.5 meq/L (An amount that may not even be reflected with my cheap test kit) So only 0.125g for my tank.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just have the 250g bottle but the dosing seems to be such a small amount for my tank so I thought it would last a long time. Its also only $10 so not a big deal.

it says to use 5g per 40g to raise pH by 0.1 And alkalinity by 0.5 meq/L (An amount that may not even be reflected with my cheap test kit) So only 0.125g for my tank.

Are you talking about a Seachem Buffer? Those effects are instantaneous, and it is DEFINITELY not the product to use to deal with low pH.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure… i dont currently have a mag test. Need to figure out which one to get.

No rush, as magnesium is not a contributor to low pH or algae problems.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Reeflix

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so it is different with a tank but it took my ph 2 days to raise (that confused me to heck) but as i said, everyones tanks are different. so with alk it was an inconsiderable amount that it got raised it since considering the size of my tank.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so it is different with a tank but it took my ph 2 days to raise (that confused me to heck) but as i said, everyones tanks are different. so with alk it was an inconsiderable amount that it got raised it since considering the size of my tank.

If the alk boost was small, the pH boost is insignificant.

Adding 1.4 dKH of the following additives has this pH boost instantly:

Bicarbonate: drop of about 0.06 pH units
Carbonate: rise of about 0.35 pH units
Hydroxide: rise of about 0.6 pH units

A buffer like Seachem Marine Buffer is mostly bicarbonate and a little carbonate

If you keep aerating them, the pH boost diminishes and they will all end up at the same pH if the alkalinity is the same.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Cultivated Reef
Back