Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the api salt water master test kit . not because of price but because of ease of use. I have been thinking of getting a rodi system but I dislike the thought of waste water. I've never had a problem before with my tap water . I do have more than 60 pound of live rock and use purigen in my skimmer over flow to reduce nitrites and nitrates . Also all my fish are juveniles so the biggest i have is about 1.5 inches

Well, you get waste water for a reason after all. I'm new to the reefing part as well, but RODI water is one of the main things every succesfull tank incorporates. From all the threads and tips I've read on here it seems reefers have more success when transitioning from tap/treated tap to RODI.

In the end it's not even expensive to set up at home - I think I paid $60 for the RO/DI setup and hung it from strings in the shower so I can forget I left it on without getting water everywhere. Wastewater is straight down the drain.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
well im heading to the shop later today to maybe get something to raise my PH . Hope im not to late .
PH buffers can do more harm than good. A fan drawing in fresh air or CO2 scrubbier connected to protein skimmer effective and gradual. Water quality will play a huge role.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

LA
Back