My system is one year old

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20240817_150701323.jpg

It was one year ago today that I added salt water to my tank. So far it has been pretty low on the drama scale.

This was a dry rock build, but I put a few pounds of biologically active rock from the LFS. No real problems with the ugly stage. I had a brief dyno issue about 3 months in, and have had a little cyano recently. Never anything that required more than mechanical removal combined with fixing some parameters.

Other than a GSP, I waited for about 6 months to add much in the way of coral. Most have done well.

Here is a short video clip of weekly FTS over the last year.

OP
OP
rhitee93

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank!

What's the large green creature on the lower right? It's awesome looking!
Thanks! On the lower right was a green star polyp that I eventually moved to put in the big derasa clam. If you're like me and get right and left confused all the time, the green thing in the other corner is an elegance coral.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20240817_150701323.jpg

It was one year ago today that I added salt water to my tank. So far it has been pretty low on the drama scale.

This was a dry rock build, but I put a few pounds of biologically active rock from the LFS. No real problems with the ugly stage. I had a brief dyno issue about 3 months in, and have had a little cyano recently. Never anything that required more than mechanical removal combined with fixing some parameters.

Other than a GSP, I waited for about 6 months to add much in the way of coral. Most have done well.

Here is a short video clip of weekly FTS over the last year.

Your tank is doing amazing for only having it for a year!

mythesis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! On the lower right was a green star polyp that I eventually moved to put in the big derasa clam. If you're like me and get right and left confused all the time, the green thing in the other corner is an elegance coral.
Couldn't be me, nope never.

(Thanks for reading my mind!)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back