My reef is my Valentine!!! How much you love your reef?

BRS

How much do you love your reef?

• It is the center of my live

Votes: 41 11.3%
  • My reef is a priority for me

Votes: 217 59.8%
  • I have mixed feelings toward my reef

Votes: 67 18.5%
  • I try to keep up, but it is not a priority

Votes: 28 7.7%
  • It’s there

Votes: 10 2.8%

• Total voters

BuckChoklit

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is cool, She understands that I have a 'Special thing' with my reef tank the same way she has a special thing with her cellphone. The only difference is I don't hide in the bathroom whispering to the tank, I wonder what that's all about?:thinking-face:
Time to add a Pico in the bathroom:cool:

aws2266

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is cool, She understands that I have a 'Special thing' with my reef tank the same way she has a special thing with her cellphone. The only difference is I don't hide in the bathroom whispering to the tank, I wonder what that's all about?:thinking-face:

My wife will walk in on me talking to my fish, I think she's worried I'll talk to them more than her. lol

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarcastic Not Me GIF by Amazon miniTV

I'll see myself out.

musicreef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have consistently had a fish tank of some sort for over 35 years. I have spent countless hours and thousands of dollars on this hobby, but that's what it is, a hobby. My priorities are God, my wife and family. Fish and coral are replaceable.
About 11 months ago we had to say goodby to our little dog of over 15 years. If it were possible to have him back for just a couple of years, I would give up this hobby in a heartbeat.

Neptune 555

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am obsessed with my reef! But it comes and goes in waves…. B/c nothing can happen to fast in a reef….I was waiting to become an empty nester so I could focus on my tank!! Finally some me time!! I added 2 mandarins and now I am culturing pods and hatching BBS daily to keep ‘em fat and happy! My favorite activity is feeding my fish at night, puppy on my lap and a glass of wine! My hubby normally joins me and likes the reef - but it’s my hobby! The ONLY required help is removing the hood and lights… I can’t do that alone and don’t trust me kids to be careful enough!

AJsReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ebb and Flow for me, I definitely love it but I do often neglect it. Interestingly when I am at my busiest I seem to gravitate towards it. Part stress relief and part procrastination of other more important tasks.

ILikeFish!

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved it truly and it brought me delight, but this hobby has dark times.

I've lost all my torches and a lot of my euphilyia to suspected BJD. My only saving hope is SPS are looking and growing well.

You can follow all the rules, put your heart and soul into it and do everything 'right', but it will still randomly strike you down.

It's tough.

Edit: I'm also thankful my fish are all healthy, only losses thus far have been in QT.
What’s BJD?

OP
OP
Peace River

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

1ocean

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life outside reefing yesterday, I went to costco,, and got out of there for less then $50.00 bucks !!! But the place was packed and people were just so rude, and just walking slow and blocking aisles, cutting in line etc... I am so over most of the general public...

OP
OP
Peace River

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have consistently had a fish tank of some sort for over 35 years. I have spent countless hours and thousands of dollars on this hobby, but that's what it is, a hobby. My priorities are God, my wife and family. Fish and coral are replaceable.
About 11 months ago we had to say goodby to our little dog of over 15 years. If it were possible to have him back for just a couple of years, I would give up this hobby in a heartbeat.
My condolences to you on the loss of your pup. I can tell by the way you write how much you miss it. While I do love our Marmaduke, and I know we will miss him terribly when the time comes, I don‘t know that I would give up reefing if I had a choice. Reefing to me is more than the fish and the coral. It keeps my mind occupied. It saw me through the Covid years. It teaches me daily and allows me to interact and share ideas and opinions with people across the world. All in all it would be a way of life that I would be giving up.
Again, I do understand your feelings and wish you and your family fond and happy memories of your deceased canine family member.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar
Back