my new baby... AKA The Café

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to see if any of the night crew came back out while the power was out. Turns out that there’s a spionid worm living in my green digi. Some say they’re harmless and some say they’ll weaken whatever coral they live in.

I know that there are many coral boring polycheates out there. I know some are so popular that people pay hundreds of dollars to get a rock full of them. I would think spionid worms would be ok, assuming they don’t overwhelm the system.

Should I be more worried than I am? I love the diversity creatures like this can bring but sometimes creatures that seem harmless aren’t.

IMG_5669.jpeg

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to see if any of the night crew came back out while the power was out. Turns out that there’s a spionid worm living in my green digi. Some say they’re harmless and some say they’ll weaken whatever coral they live in.

I know that there are many coral boring polycheates out there. I know some are so popular that people pay hundreds of dollars to get a rock full of them. I would think spionid worms would be ok, assuming they don’t overwhelm the system.

Should I be more worried than I am? I love the diversity creatures like this can bring but sometimes creatures that seem harmless aren’t.

IMG_5669.jpeg
I would kill it if it causing a problem, but I don’t really know too much about them

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry @Stang67 , no elk. We saw a lot but couldn't get close enough for a muzzleloader. I did take a 160 yard shot and went under her belly. Too bad I didn't have a bull tag - plenty of opportunities for those this trip.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I'm getting my first skimmer today. Any tips for an absolute idiot? I've never used one, and I'm sure I'll be confused as heck.
Run it for 24-36 hours without the cup on. Thank me later.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm getting my first skimmer today. Any tips for an absolute idiot? I've never used one, and I'm sure I'll be confused as heck.
What size tank?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you don't struggle with high nutrients, run it for 6-13 hours a day instead of 24/7.

Mine runs 4 times, 1.5 hours each time.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what skimmer did you get ? for the 75 ?

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't struggle with high nutrients, run it for 6-13 hours a day instead of 24/7.

Mine runs 4 times, 1.5 hours each time.
also run it opposite your light cycle, the added oxygen can help keep some ph swings to a minimum if you experience them.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the nano skimmer, the IOAOI one, for the 15 cube. Tank over fed, only 2 tiny fish. Water is definitely brown, could use a skimmer on top of my water changes.

Followed all instructions it came with, following the thread with others inputs.

Seems like a ton of micro bubbles coming from the bottom of the skimmer, not sure if that's right or not, should I adjust to get rid of those, or is this a break in thing?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's the nano skimmer, the IOAOI one, for the 15 cube. Tank over fed, only 2 tiny fish. Water is definitely brown, could use a skimmer on top of my water changes.

Followed all instructions it came with, following the thread with others inputs.

Seems like a ton of micro bubbles coming from the bottom of the skimmer, not sure if that's right or not, should I adjust to get rid of those, or is this a break in thing?
Possibly a break in thing but they're fairly adjustable. Adjust the tube knob and then maybe drop the intensity down one?

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's right, let it roll, when it develops a biofilm after 24 hours, then you adjust it. Until then keep the cup off, airflow up, and water flowing. Don't adjust anything but water rise height before it begins to bioaccumulate.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back