My Grateful Journeys Tank

Tang fastic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We love seeing a tank have a story and hearing that story as the build comes together. We here at BRS, as well as Ryan, are happy we've been able to make a positive impact on making this a possibility for you!
Same I love how this hobby sorts of brings us together

smitten with ocean life

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was soo impressed too Smitten! If you do ever get over that way, I highly recommend; and call ahead for a tour from Alex Murphy. We had a lot of fun.

Are you in Ferndale, Ca? I have family in Ukiah and I lived in Bay Area for 40yrs!
i am yes! :) stop by if you are ever up this way!

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TSA Grand Prize Giveaway update:

Today, I am uploading quite a bit of information on my trip to TSA on the dedicated thread I created for that experience here:

Thread 'The TSA Grand Prize Tour Experience!'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-tsa-grand-prize-tour-experience.1050770/

However, once my corals arrive on June 10th, I will be doing any future updates on the trip, the corals and anything else TSA-related here in my personal build thread. Easier for all of us and no reason to duplicate same information.

Attached is just one of the incredible display tanks in the retail store. I love seeing the grown-out colonies of the frags we see online when shopping. It helps us think about how to design our tank’s rockscape and coral placement/compatibility in a realistic size of the future, and we end up discovering treasures we might have passed up just looking at an online frag.

Attachments

• IMG_0430.jpeg
    IMG_0430.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish Update:

Many of you know I have wanted a Chocolate Tang for a couple years now, even before I had saved up enough money to begin reefing again. When I moved to Ventura during Covid, I decided to go see if there were any good LFS around. I did find a store and was gobsmacked by two fish who were fully mature - an Orange-Shoulder Tang and a Chocolate Tang.While i did not like the LFS, and decided not to purchase anything from them, I knew these were my special fish and someday I would find some to bring home.

If you read my thread you will see I had some very odd, and sad occurrences on acquiring both. In fact, I recently had made the decision- no Tangs. But every time someone mentioned their Chocolate Tang here on R2R, I questioned my decision.

Well, of course my LFS owner Dylan is someone who pays attention, listens to his customers and does things that go way beyond servicing one’s tank.

Abut a month ago he sourced a Chocolate Tang, brought it to his store, and started QT and conditioning.

He took a chance cause:
A) my requirement all along was to get a mid-juvenile who had clearly started to transition brown (can take years); and B) Did I have the heart to try another tang.

So I’m in the store 2 weeks ago and he shows me the Tang - very smol, very cute, and completely yellow. However, he was in a tank with more dominant fish and Dylan said the Chocolate was the Alpha! Not a bully, but not scared of anything. He also noted that the juvenile blue lines he came with had already disappeared and was transitioning quickly.

Well Dang-it, I couldn’t not have him join our lil Greek reefing family. And I trust Dylan implicitly.

So a few days ago I brought him home. He is in acclimation box and my entire group of fish have been hiding from him - lol. Today was the first day they all came out like normal.

I believe I will finally, finally have the domaine reset I’ve been needing with the Mel Wrasse and a fish that actually wants to eat Algae!

Attachments

• IMG_3221.jpeg
    IMG_3221.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3271.jpeg
    IMG_3271.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3270.jpeg
    IMG_3270.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of you. Glad things are going well.
Thank you Becky!

Tried to buy you some of that honey from kabuki hotel beehive, but it’s not in season yet !

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Becky!

Tried to buy you some of that honey from kabuki hotel beehive, but it’s not in season yet !
Funny I am not a fan of honey. Too sweet! I keep them because my grandfather did when I was little and it's a core memory of him for me. He passed when I was 8 so I don't have very many thing I remember of him.

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny I am not a fan of honey. Too sweet! I keep them because my grandfather did when I was little and it's a core memory of him for me. He passed when I was 8 so I don't have very many thing I remember of him.
A wonderful tradition to pass onto the kids. We lose so many of our ancestors traditions

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

WalkerLovesTheOcean

I love acans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jen,

This thread has slipped through but with all your updates it seems like you and your tank are up to great things, as always. Keep up the great work, Jen!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back