Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 100 gallons mixed reef tank (sump included) has been around for almost 1 year. Previously had ich tank, I treated with Polyblab Medic, fed fully, fish passed without any loss. I have 2 clownfish, maroon, scopas tang, blue tang, sailfin tang, yellow foxface, two spot bristletooth, powder blue tang, 2 banggai and some inverts. Sometimes the blue tang has a few white spots that go away on their own, or the foxface has a black spots that go away on their own after a few days.
About 1 month ago I added 1 purple tang without QT (for various reasons I just couldn't QT any fish despite knowing the great risk).
1 week ago PBT started to show white spots that are getting worse, breathing is difficult. I took him out to the freshwater DIP and found quite a few things that looked like flatworms. I started QT and treated with Chloroquin Phosphate, he died after 2 days. Then two spot bristletooth and foxface started to show convulsions, swimming near the wave, I also DIP fresh water. Started treating the main tank with PraziPro, after 3 days I couldn't believe that nearly all tangs I had was seriously ill. They still eat but less. What can I do? I have just water change 25% and repeat dose 2nd Prazipro. Thank you for any help!

IMG_6653.jpeg IMG_6655.jpeg IMG_6659.jpeg

Nutramar Foods

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, welcome to Reef2Reef!

It may be that you have two issues going on here, chronic marine ich and tang turbellarian worms. I do not think you will be successful in treating them in your display tank with coral. Do you have a treatment tank you could move them into?

Jay

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquariums Wholesale Live coral auctions every week
Back