Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bout to call it. Perked up after aerated MB bath, back in qt, laid on side on bottom... faded. Tried another bath out of desperation. A little perk up, but less. Pretty much just lying on bottom of qt again. Letting him have peace

OP
OP
BeejReef

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, a very happy update!

Despite the shipping delay and a very bleak prognosis, all fish have survived and are thriving in QT at about day ten.
That wrasse was dead.. as close to dead as it is possible to be. I was staring at it, trying to detect signs of life. If I squinted, I could see its gills moving, sort of.

My 4yo insisted it was just taking a nap though, and since it wasn't dead enough to hold still for a refund photo on a white background... whatever, it's alive now.

I don't know if the MB baths were any help or if I made things worse, but over the course of maybe three days, it showed increasing alertness, swam for short bits of time, and on the third day, took a bite of food.
One thing that did really seem to help was introducing a nice hunk of chaeto to the QT. This particular species of wrasse, Linespot or Dot-Dash, doesn't really make use of sand and he wasn't satisfied with pvc accommodations. He did nestle into the chaeto lump though.

Alive.jpg

So, anyhow, I'm not doing preventative copper with him. Also a biota Coral Beauty and captive bred filefish.
I was planning on infusing their food with General Cure to deal with any worms or parasites before they (knock on wood) go to the DT at around the 3 week mark.

QUESTION - 1) does general cure treat for gill and skin flukes when bound to food with focus and ingested, or must it be dosed to the water column?
2) Short of preventative copper, is there anything else I should concern myself with, given that all the fish appear healthy and vital?

They'll be going into a 4 mo old system with a pair of captive clowns, a pair of captive pj cardinals and a lawnmower blenny.

ty

Last edited:

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just prazi my fish as preventative and nothing else, wrasse are sensitive to it, so be careful with the dosage.

Amazing recovery! Sounds like the captive bred ones fared better but wrasses tend to stress easier in general.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back