My clownfish are acting weird

a_jade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I'm new to keeping clownfish and I noticed my clownfish acting weird. I don't really know what's going on and I can't find anything online to explain it. I thought at first it was just the behaviors of establishing who's dominate but then I noticed the bigger clownfish also twitching and talking to the little one. I just don't understand why they go from swimming and "dancing" around together and coping the each other's moves to the little one being backed into a corner. I just don't want the little guy to have to spend his life backed into a corner. I have a video but i am running into some trouble uploading it. Any information or ideas are very appreciated. Thank you.

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I'm new to keeping clownfish and I noticed my clownfish acting weird. I don't really know what's going on and I can't find anything online to explain it. I thought at first it was just the behaviors of establishing who's dominate but then I noticed the bigger clownfish also twitching and talking to the little one. I just don't understand why they go from swimming and "dancing" around together and coping the each other's moves to the little one being backed into a corner. I just don't want the little guy to have to spend his life backed into a corner. I have a video but i am running into some trouble uploading it. Any information or ideas are very appreciated. Thank you.
This sounds like normal clownfish behavior they both will dance to establish pecking order and if they are young they will continue to do it until one is decided that they are the female.

Also they might be a pair or are working on getting paired

bigreef2120

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds like normal clownfish behavior they both will dance to establish pecking order and if they are young they will continue to do it until one is decided that they are the female.

Also they might be a pair or are working on getting paired
Thank you !!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back