Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so the last few nights it would drink down and then have it’s mouth open it did this for two nights the only thing i could say it was is because i was feeding it every day so i didn’t feed it today and it went from the first picture is what it normally looks like to today’s picture so should i be feeding it or no or should i do like one big feeding a week and it definitely has more of color in the second picture but it’s not as big

0FA16E72-AE37-4161-87F6-91BEF93F4B0F.jpeg image.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

footgal

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That nem looks alright to me. I feed all of my nems every day, helps them grow better and gives em big bubbles. Just make sure what you’re feeding isn’t too big about half the size of the mouth is a good size. I use mysis shrimp and feed them one at a time

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That nem looks alright to me. I feed all of my nems every day, helps them grow better and gives em big bubbles. Just make sure what you’re feeding isn’t too big about half the size of the mouth is a good size. I use mysis shrimp and feed them one at a time
yea i tried that but it kept looking like this at night and it was expelling waste

2780B8BB-75B3-4763-BE60-63EB5BDCD518.jpeg

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bubble tip anemone look great and healthy in my opinion I wouldn't worry to much about it!
ok i thought it was due to like not feeding it or not good lighting but the mouth is closed and the foot is sticking really well to the rock but i’m worried about it moving when i set up my new ai prime

footgal

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i thought it was due to like not feeding it or not good lighting but the mouth is closed and the foot is sticking really well to the rock but i’m worried about it moving when i set up my new ai prime
I have all my bubble tips under AI Prime. Do the acclimation setting and it should be fine. It may move but at least it won’t bleach.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all my bubble tips under AI Prime. Do the acclimation setting and it should be fine. It may move but at least it won’t bleach.
ok thanks and tonight it closed up again and it was expelling waste but the thing is dose hydrogen peroxide bother anemones because he’s fine until i dose hydrogen peroxide into the tank

BRS

footgal

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thanks and tonight it closed up again and it was expelling waste but the thing is dose hydrogen peroxide bother anemones because he’s fine until i dose hydrogen peroxide into the tank
That could be your issue then, stop dosing that and see if it changes anything

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

chizerbunoi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Don't dose hydrogen peroxide. The anemone cannot tolerate it and will die. I should explain, it causes them to close up and deflate. this is not a water change, but has a negative affect. There are other ways to maintain hair algae.

I would recommend that you stop dosing, and stop feeding. Let it purge its waste and settle back. Then when you feed once a week, only give it a small pellet or mysis shrimp size food.

Top Shelf Aquatics

footgal

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't dose hydrogen peroxide. The anemone cannot tolerate it and will die.

I would recommend that you stop dosing, and stop feeding. Let it purge its waste and settle back. Then when you feed once a week, only give it a small pellet or mysis shrimp size food.
I agree with this. Just use vibrant. It’s safer and will get rid of your algae just the same. Bump up your snails a little and dose vibrant 1 mL per 10 gallons 1x a week. The anemone should bounce back. Hydrogen peroxide kills EVERYTHING not just algae. This is why we use it to clean wounds.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't dose hydrogen peroxide. The anemone cannot tolerate it and will die. I should explain, it causes them to close up and deflate. this is not a water change, but has a negative affect. There are other ways to maintain hair algae.

ok i’ll stop dosing hydrogen peroxide and only use vibrant and i won’t feed it for a few days to see if that helps

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Torch SALE
Back