Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I "saw" the golden angelfish a few minutes ago. I only put saw in quotations because he stays in the shadows so much he may as well be a nox angelfish, as far as actually being able to make out any details go. I even tried grabbing a photo when he swam up to a corner by the overflow but I doubt you can even make out he's in center of the picture.
View attachment 3176915
I seem to be able to make out what appears to be his anal fin, or dorsal if this guy was swimming backwards but I can make it out. Man I hope you can observe him more often, one of my favorite angels but very cryptic; I would love to have it but the cost for a fish that is surely having a hard time in the lfs and also possibly not arriving alive after shipping is not a good investment for me, it recently became available here for what seems to be around $350 USD, but in order to pull the trigger I need a little more confidence. Incredible fish without a doubt, which in fact has a lot in common with Centropyge nox, which belongs to the aurantia complex. I haven't seen one live for over 18 years, and by the way the cost was around $20 back then, times have changed...

BRS

Tori

ReefMoore 103
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to be able to make out what appears to be his anal fin, or dorsal if this guy was swimming backwards but I can make it out. Man I hope you can observe him more often, one of my favorite angels but very cryptic; I would love to have it but the cost for a fish that is surely having a hard time in the lfs and also possibly not arriving alive after shipping is not a good investment for me, it recently became available here for what seems to be around $350 USD, but in order to pull the trigger I need a little more confidence. Incredible fish without a doubt, which in fact has a lot in common with Centropyge nox, which belongs to the aurantia complex. I haven't seen one live for over 18 years, and by the way the cost was around $20 back then, times have changed...
Thanks! I hope I'll get to observe him more too. He's on the smaller side compared to everyone else so maybe when he gets a little bigger he'll be more bold. I couldn't imagine paying $20 nowadays. I'm kind of glad they're pricier, at least that makes me feel like they're more likely to get better care.

LaloJ

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I hope I'll get to observe him more too. He's on the smaller side compared to everyone else so maybe when he gets a little bigger he'll be more bold. I couldn't imagine paying $20 nowadays. I'm kind of glad they're pricier, at least that makes me feel like they're more likely to get better care.
You may be right about the latter, but not here in Mexico, it's a shame, I would only bet on this type of fish if I can personally go for it, you're lucky to have one, and if I remember correctly its maximum size is 3/ 3.5"

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

GHL Advanced Technology
Back