Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even had to do some semi repair as the sheathing at the motor end of the dry side was worn on both at the same spot. Pulling the molex pins was a pita to get the waterproof wire shrink on. Apparently at some point of use, I upgraded the wifi chips to Mobius on both also.
PXL_20230310_024020554.jpg
PXL_20230310_023947551.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, before I drop the 100$ or so for a replacement mp40 westside, does anyone know if there is a replacement blade for said wetside. I managed to crack it once upon a time back when it was in service a few tanks ago.

Also will the new wetsides will work with my older dry side (circa 2015)? Ecotech's website and research I've done today says yes, but just want to be sure before I drop coin.

View attachment 3056153
Just trim the otherside to match. All balanced again. :D

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second update to this. I did get my wet side back friday, just didnt have time to put it in service until late last night (work cramps my style). Outside of remembering how to use mobius (blah & may switch back to reeflink) they are working great in my soon to be sps dominant cube.

End game was ecotech sent me what looks like a new wet side. I marked the old one in such a manner that it would be clearly identified outside of outright replacement. Again, thanks EcoTech!

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second update to this. I did get my wet side back friday, just didnt have time to put it in service until late last night (work cramps my style). Outside of remembering how to use mobius (blah & may switch back to reeflink) they are working great in my soon to be sps dominant cube.

End game was ecotech sent me what looks like a new wet side. I marked the old one in such a manner that it would be clearly identified outside of outright replacement. Again, thanks EcoTech!
awesome stuff

Matt1997

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech has been oddly generous with their repairs the past few months. I’ve had similarly good experiences recently.

Maybe they finally clued in that in a highly competitive market treating your customers decently will help you keep them??? Their customer service in the past has been very poor to say the least.

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech has been oddly generous with their repairs the past few months. I’ve had similarly good experiences recently.

Maybe they finally clued in that in a highly competitive market treating your customers decently will help you keep them??? Their customer service in the past has been very poor to say the least.
At the price point, the customer service NEEDS to be top notch. I boxed these mp40's years ago over the wet side price.

I Decided to give them a try again and I was pleasantly surprised with them warranting out and ancient wetside. Would I buy new gear from them, still a hard no after my crap experience (see below).

I was soured by them years ago over an vectra m2 controller crapping out in warranty and having to pay cash for a replacement. Thus I spited my face when it came to their equipment for over 5 years now, lol.

Matt1997

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the price point, the customer service NEEDS to be top notch. I boxed these mp40's years ago over the wet side price.

I Decided to give them a try again and I was pleasantly surprised with them warranting out and ancient wetside. Would I buy new gear from them, still a hard no after my crap experience (see below).

I was soured by them years ago over an vectra m2 controller crapping out in warranty and having to pay cash for a replacement. Thus I spited my face when it came to their equipment for over 5 years now, lol.
I had their lights that I bought brand new catch fire just outside warranty. They refused to repair but offered “discount” but I’d have to pay and absurd shipping price that made it more expensive then buying brand new locally. I didn’t buy anything from them
For years.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an update to this..... Wow on ecotech customer service... Kudos seriously! Just got the email a few minutes ago!

View attachment 3079114
I was waiting to address all the speculation until I saw your final outcome.

Now I'll be on my way.
The Man Reaction GIF by ION Mystery

You're welcome

:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :face-with-tears-of-joy: :winking-face:

AS

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even, if morally incorrect to some, this is a LARGE company that has seen numerous failures of the same type.

Its only fair our premium paid for the product that they would offer a lifetime warranty on the wetside.

Even if it isnt advertised.

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even, if morally incorrect to some, this is a LARGE company that has seen numerous failures of the same type.

Its only fair our premium paid for the product that they would offer a lifetime warranty on the wetside.

Even if it isnt advertised.
That's the gripe with I think many reefers and ecotech... If you are going to charge premium prices, premium customer service is expected/warranted. I expected in my situation to pay either a repair price/replacement cost as the part was WAY out of warranty. I didnt expect anything free but I got it for free which is amazing.

I'm a firm old school guy where that when the warranty is over, its on the consumer, full stop. The prob with ecotech is that some days they are about the customer, some days they are about the product & $$$ (which I get). They should pick one, lol as its always hard to balance. Also in some cases the reefer is taking advantage of the company and they have the total right to and should say no. In my situation, I dont expect another freebie again, lol.

The customer service is spotty IME, as my bad experience says above. I'm just giving kudos where it was deserved. It still isnt enough to get me onboard with purchasing their products again due to a previous bad experience.

Last edited:
CLICK TO VIEW

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the gripe with I think many reefers and ecotech... If you are going to charge premium prices, premium customer service is expected/warranted. I expected in my situation to pay either a repair price/replacement cost as the part was WAY out of warranty. I didnt expect anything free but I got it for free which is amazing.

I'm a firm old school guy where that when the warranty is over, its on the consumer, full stop. The prob with ecotech is that some days they are about the customer, some days they are about the product & $$$ (which I get). They should pick one, lol as its always hard to balance. Also in some cases the reefer is taking advantage of the company and they have the total right to and should say no. In my situation, I dont expect another freebie again, lol.

The customer service is spotty IME, as my bad experience says above. I'm just giving kudos where it was deserved. It still isnt enough to get me onboard with purchasing their products again due to a previous bad experience.
You did pay a replacement cost. And that was your time of being inconvenienced that it broke. Then having to go to the post office and pay for return shipping postage lol.

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You did pay a replacement cost. And that was your time of being inconvenienced that it broke. Then having to go to the post office and pay for return shipping postage lol.
I didnt even pay return shipping! Only the 12 bucks for usps tracking when shipped to PA. Luckily I can and did walk to my local post office ( like 4 blocks away).

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt even pay return shipping! Only the 12 bucks for usps tracking when shipped to PA. Luckily I can and did walk to my local post office ( like 4 blocks away).
Sorry, thats what i meant, postage to return it to them for repair or replacement.

I applaud you for getting your cardio in though!

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, thats what i meant, postage to return it to them for repair or replacement.

I applaud you for getting your cardio in though!
50 years old is here this year, I need ALL the cardio I can get :loudly-crying-face::grinning-squinting-face:.

birddawg

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an update to this..... Wow on ecotech customer service... Kudos seriously! Just got the email a few minutes ago!

View attachment 3079114
If you don’t mind me asking…. how did you send your initial email to them asking about fixing it without cost?? I would love to know since I need it as well!

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tropic Marin USA
Back