Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 16-18" Snowflake Moray yesterday. I put him in my 120. Today I bought a 13" Snowflake and a 12" Banded Moray. I put the two new ones in and the two Snowflakes got in a grudge match. The larger one chasing and biting the smaller. I netted the smaller right away and put into my 90. I am not sure if the larger Snowflake has found the Banded Eel yet. But they have not fought yet. I was scared of the smaller Snowflake getting eaten or jumping out of the tank from fear. I have seen some posts that suggest they will possibly work it out. Should I try again. Any tips?

BRS

KrisReef

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have any experience with this grouping of eels but on the surface it sounds like the the snow flakes are not going to live together. The banded vs snowflake does not seem to be a problem. I would not add the little snowflake back unless you want to keep the toughest one?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i guess I'm not going to try. I think it could work but I don't like dismantling tanks to catch Eels. I did try stuffing him. Which is good practice just to make sure he doesn't eat the other. Just can't trust it

Corals.com
OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was actually looking for them and the attacking when he found them. I have seen people keep multiple Eels before. Even the store said it was unusual for Snowflakes to fight. The big Snowflake is 15-16". The smaller one is 12". The Banded Eel is about 10-11". The two smaller ones get attacked by the large one. The two smaller ones don't bother each other. I don't want one to get eaten. I have seen it can come to that.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Zoanthids.com
Back