Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some corals on Ebay , mostly sps, but also few lps and zoas. I recieved them 2 weeks ago, dipped them all in coral rx and didn't see anything bad after dipping. Put in QT to keep an eye on them. Noticed yesterday that the montis started to look like they were getting bleached from the bottom up. Dip again and got a bunch of nudis in the after dip.

I read that the eggs hatch in just a few days, so should I just keep dipping every few days or frag them now up to the damaged areas on the stems. Can dipping get rid of them ?

Its looks like right now it was only the montis that were being eaten. There are stylos and pocillos and they look fine. Here is what I got in the dip.

Thanks

20230513_174522.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eeeek, someone is obviously unaware they have them. Or they just are extremely lazy, those are some adults for sure. Those are such a pain if you have a tank with a lot of montipora too. And yea only montipora will get eaten so don’t worry about anything else.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man those things are a pain. It took me 3-4 months of weekly dipping to get rid of them. I was using the tea tree oil based stuff. It does not kill them, just gets them to release.

Potassium Permanganate dipping will kill them. 50mg / liter tank water.

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Monti eating nudis are definitely one of the more annoying pests to treat. Dipping alone will definitely not get rid of them. The times we have encountered them we do multiple rounds of dipping, scrapping the eggs and gluing over the bottoms of the montis to prevent any eggs that may not of been scrapped from hatching. You will want to monitor them for weeks to ensure no new one hatch.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
G

Gwcreefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replys...I still have them in the qt, did 2 more dips with coralrx this week, havent seen anymore adults. Been looking for the eggs but havent found any. I ordered the potassium permanganate. I'm going to keep dipping every few days for the near future.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SR
Back