• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Mobius REPEATED Issues…. Tech Support’s A Joke!!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

geckoejon

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had REPEATED issues with xr30’s & previously xr15’.s connecting to Mobius…

i have contacted tech support NUMEROUS times and the response is “power cycle lights, log in / out of mobius….”

why am I having REPEATED issues with these lights connection???

I was told months ago by EcoTech tech support it was because I had too much plugged into one outlet even though it wasn’t over amperage… I ran 2 new lines from the breaker to my fish room, have lights on independant circuit & still have same issues…

TIRED OF BEING TOLD “power cycle…” on fairly new lights on “high end” equipmen….

5C841C2C-13CE-4D12-8ACE-D078C6EABC93.png

Last edited by a moderator:

jDoSe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are aware of the issue (among others); they just aren’t willing to admit it.
Who would buy a product they admit has a massive flaw? Would people who bought one all be entitled to a replacement? They are not willing to risk losing that much money.

They also don’t have a fix, so all they can do is get you in an endless loop of troubleshooting until you eventually give up (or, if you don’t, just ignore you).

They can’t lose. They already have your money.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
From EcoTech:

EcoTech deeply regrets any issues you may be having with our product(s). We would like to provide you with immediate assistance so please contact our customer service department directly by email, text, phone or live chat. Representatives are available 9am-5pm EST Monday-Friday but feel free to make a service enquiry at any time. Phone: 1-800-785-0338 ext 2, Email: [email protected], Live Chat (business hours): https://support.ecotechmarine.com/Important: International service support may be performed by an authorized distributor. Please specify your location when requesting service. International laws and policies may differ from those of the United States.

EcoTech Marine does not actively monitor forums and social media for service requests – please be advised that you will not receive service support unless you contact and official EcoTech Marine service center.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jDoSe I believe you are correct!!!

@revhtree i have MANY times including today, last week, week before that, etc… at this point, it‘s obvious they are just stringing me along…. I sent tech support a link to this post

this is a legitimate issue and worth posting about… if nothing else to warn the next person… maybe they won’t get RIPPED OFF on faulty equipment that the manufacturer refuses to acknowledge…

if you have any reasonable explanation, I‘m all ears…

jDoSe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have many cases of the same. Dozens of emails on the exact same issue where they just copy-paste irrelevant instructions repeatedly.
Then, after dozens of emails and re-explaining the issue three times (in the same ticket mind you), they will ask you to describe the problem. When you do, yet again, they just re-paste their first non-answer response. Rinse and repeat until you give up and stop replying.

They know exactly what they are doing. This is on purpose. Shockingly, some people think it’s not. What’s their argument? “We aren’t immoral, we are just incredibly incompetent!”

It isn’t really the low-level support’s fault though. The instructions on what to do/say come from higher up.

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have many cases of the same. Dozens of emails on the exact same issue where they just copy-paste irrelevant instructions repeatedly.
Then, after dozens of emails and re-explaining the issue three times (in the same ticket mind you), they will ask you to describe the problem. When you do, yet again, they just re-paste their first non-answer response. Rinse and repeat until you give up and stop replying.

They know exactly what they are doing. This is on purpose. Shockingly, some people think it’s not. What’s their argument? “We aren’t immoral, we are just incredibly incompetent!”

It isn’t really the low-level support’s fault though. The instructions on what to do/say come from higher up.
Agreed 1,000%!!!

I’ve had 2-3 DOZEN tickets for the same issues… yesterday they asked me to explain it for the 20’th time!!! It’s infuriating

im going to keep plastering forums and reviews with EcoTech’s garbage!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Please do not post private emails. Thank you.

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please do not post private emails. Thank you.
The emails are between myself and EcoTech tech support….

that seems VERY relevant to show others the REPEATED copy and post responses to an ongoing (6 month) issue…

how is that not relevant?

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree how about this? Is this passable for evidence in ongoing issues? Others deserve to know…

Your request (#585119) has been updated. Reply to this email or click the link below:
https://support.mobius.app/hc/requests/585119

mail
Jason Lillie (Mobius)
Aug 30, 2022, 10:38 AM EDT
Jonathan,

After speaking with our engineers, it is best to reset all devices for a clean slate. First, go to Lighting, then select "Edit" and click on the symbol that looks like an up-arrow in a box, then Save Template. Repeat these steps with your VorTech Schedules as well. Once saved, click the arrow in the top left corner until you are on the Tank list screen, and swipe left on the "Waterbox" tank before following the appropriate reset steps below with each device. Let me know if any issues persist.

Radions:

1. Press and hold the center button until the unit flashes red white and blue
2. Press and hold all 3 buttons until the buttons flash red and purple
3. Press and hold the outer 2 buttons until the Radion resets

VorTech/Vectra reset:

1) With the controller powered on, hold the "Mode" and Set" buttons until the dial flashes Red, White, and Blue.
2) Hold the "Mode" button until dial blinks Red and Purple.
3) Hold the "Mode" and "Power/Option" buttons until the pump powers off and resets.

Thanks again,
Jason
Customer Service Rep.

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim Donschietz / EcoTech tech support manager & Jason Lillie are doing the usual thing of saying “it’s resolved” when nothing was fixed!!!

How is something “resolved” when I’ve had dozens of tickets?!?! EcoTech just keeps closing the tickets & brushing me off…

Tim Donschietz contacted me awhile ago & said he would personally be on this ticket until resolution… Never heard from him again!!!

Jason Lillie wants to close the ticket as soon as I get it running… DOESNT MATTER THAT THERE HAVE BEEN DOZENS OF TICKETS FOR SAME ISSUES,!!!

BIGGEST MISTAKE IVE MADE WAS PURCHASING ECOTECH EQUIPMENT,!!!

Attachments

• C79CC003-3CB6-4635-AFD8-3706709B42D7.png
    C79CC003-3CB6-4635-AFD8-3706709B42D7.png
    167 KB · Views: 17
  • B18A11E3-2930-45A2-AABD-765F28BAAC61.png
    B18A11E3-2930-45A2-AABD-765F28BAAC61.png
    179.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 4E730CD5-7AE4-4B6B-B35F-20C3309BC428.png
    4E730CD5-7AE4-4B6B-B35F-20C3309BC428.png
    173.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 30CC4EDF-5C98-426C-B90E-E5DD64F7E4B2.png
    30CC4EDF-5C98-426C-B90E-E5DD64F7E4B2.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 63846F52-8A47-45AB-B015-1750E2EB19DD.png
    63846F52-8A47-45AB-B015-1750E2EB19DD.png
    179.9 KB · Views: 16
CLICK TO VIEW

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I'm sorry you're having issues but I'm going to ask you to take it off of R2R. You've posted multiple times in multiple locations (spammed) about the same feedback. You've broken our rules even when I have asked you to abide by them, multiple times. R2R is not meant to be a place for someone to air a continual grievance about something. Use the proper channels to get your issue resolved as this is not the channel to do it. Thank you.

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry you're having issues but I'm going to ask you to take it off of R2R. You've posted multiple times in multiple locations (spammed) about the same feedback. You've broken our rules even when I have asked you to abide by them, multiple times. R2R is not meant to be a place for someone to air a continual grievance about something. Use the proper channels to get your issue resolved as this is not the channel to do it. Thank you.
the only rule you’ve made me aware of is posting emails… I will cease doing that… even though I don’t agree.

the most recent screen shots of just one of the reoccurring issues that’s been going on for months… shouldn’t that be valid? That’s not an email

It’s an ongoing issue that has not been resolved in 6 months…

@revhtree if you were ripped off thousands & strung along, wouldn’t you want others to know?

isn’t the vender feedback page ideal place for that?

they have a chance to respond & dont… they are also not resolving the issues…

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
the only rule you’ve made me aware of is posting emails… I will cease doing that… even though I don’t agree.

It’s an ongoing issue that has not been resolved in 6 months…

@revhtree if you were ripped off thousands & strung along, wouldn’t you want others to know?

isn’t the vender feedback page ideal place for that?

they have a chance to respond & dont… they are also not resolving the issues…

I understand your frustrations but you have let everyone know and we've given you a place to do it. BUT this isn't the place to get it resolved as ETM customer service isn't going to respond here as they have a ticket system in place. Many larger companies do not respond in multiple locations so they can keep all the correspondence within their system.

AquaCave Logo Banner
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens
Back