Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello so I have a unique situation we’re I have two tanks a 20 gallon with a few small fish and a Red Sea 900xl my big tank got velvet so I took all the fish out and have them in qt but out of nowhere my other tank had sighns of ich or velvet I believe I somehow cross contaminated the two tanks but I was wounding as I already plan on moving the fish in qt know over to a glass 75 gallon for more space and can see more clear can I put good saltwater into the new tank no copper put the fish I have been able to save from both tanks then slowly add copper to do a full 45 day qt

Nutramar Foods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello so I have a unique situation we’re I have two tanks a 20 gallon with a few small fish and a Red Sea 900xl my big tank got velvet so I took all the fish out and have them in qt but out of nowhere my other tank had sighns of ich or velvet I believe I somehow cross contaminated the two tanks but I was wounding as I already plan on moving the fish in qt know over to a glass 75 gallon for more space and can see more clear can I put good saltwater into the new tank no copper put the fish I have been able to save from both tanks then slowly add copper to do a full 45 day qt
If I gather what you want to accomplish, Place new seawater in the 75g and apply copper to the 75 I assume to be the new treatment tank, run the RS900 Fallow for 6-8 weeks or 6 weeks at 80.5 degrees and empty the 2 twenty gallon tanks and rinse well and run carbon in both before resetting them as treatment tanks.
Do NOT ramp the copper level. Acclimate the fish the the 75. For copper, use Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.

OP
OP
J

jdm_aquatics!

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I gather what you want to accomplish, Place new seawater in the 75g and apply copper to the 75 I assume to be the new treatment tank, run the RS900 Fallow for 6-8 weeks or 6 weeks at 80.5 degrees and empty the 2 twenty gallon tanks and rinse well and run carbon in both before resetting them as treatment tanks.
Do NOT ramp the copper level. Acclimate the fish the the 75. For copper, use Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
Thank you

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back