Mini Tentacles in sand bed

sketh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Only tank, no fish/inverts.
Any idea what this little tentacle is? I recorded one of them but I see 2 short ones and 1 slightly longer one.

If a pest, any advice on how to remove it?

Attachments

• IMG_3217.mov
    66.7 MB
  • IMG_3218.mov
    72.8 MB
OP
OP
sketh

sketh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they're tiny, but any chance you could get closer up pics/video?
They are very tiny- I cant get any closer without compromising video quality unfortunately.

Here is a video where you can see the movement of the tentacle/work much better.
Tentacle Movement

Any signs I should be looking out for to ID this? They seem to only be in the shade under my arch rock but also seem to have a tiny Spaghetti Worm nearby.

Upvote 0

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very tiny- I cant get any closer without compromising video quality unfortunately.

Here is a video where you can see the movement of the tentacle/work much better.
Tentacle Movement

Any signs I should be looking out for to ID this? They seem to only be in the shade under my arch rock but also seem to have a tiny Spaghetti Worm nearby.
Not that I can think of without having a better idea what they are; they don't seem like they'd be anything harmful though.

Upvote 0

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found another one slightly closer to the glass. This one specifically seems to open at night. Should be much clearer!

I would guess some kind of peanut worm (Sipuncula) which would be harmless/beneficial, but it sticking straight up out of the substrate like that is odd.

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back