Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting....I thought it was so odd mine started doing that, he used to back into a hole in a rock forever (2+years) ...and then all of a sudden one night I saw him do the same into the monti. I kinda laughed to myself because I thought it was because he wanted to be first in line for food in the morning, since my monti is at the top of the reef, and the rock he used to sleep in was in the back on the bottom...

So cool yours does it too!!
Anybody else notice this??
Mine used to sleep on my monti, he has since moved to the other side of my tank and has a perch on the rocks that isn't near a monti.

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics

Zach B

North American Noo-Psyche Sales Representative
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Midas sure are pretty but my canary is quite the character. Sleeps on walls, magnet cleaners & hunts pods all day :)

Attachments

• 20210417_071321.jpg
    20210417_071321.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 66
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Goaway

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not fair, my midas blenny was a demon monster. I am not kidding. Wish I had videos. When I had my midas, nipped fins on all the fish. I had 2 clowns and pintail wrasse. Pintail would get revenge by pecking at the midas when the midas went to his cubby.

The right lighting the midas is a very beautiful fish. They are rather orange under blues. Add in a little red spectrum and it's really something else. I don't think you'll be able to do that with a canary blenny. I also don't have photos to show the difference of reef lighting with the midas, I may try another one sometime down the road. I do miss the jerk.

When I got my foxface, my midas found a place to jump through the aquarium cover. No idea what took place to make him decide to do that. He mostly stuck to a burrow in a rock.

jt8791

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Canary blennies are available captive bred from Ora. Would love to see them start breeding Midas blenny in captivity. I haven’t had either but have been debating on a captive bred blenny for a while.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
maleks.reef

maleks.reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After long research, i've decided to go with the canary, mainly because it will stay consistently yellow, which is why I wanted one of those fish in the first place. Now lets hope i find it here where I live :)

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back