Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I have a little story to tell... A maroon clown named Bigsby, I purchased him when he was the size of my pinky nail. Couldn’t help myself. In my 40 cube I have a Condylactis gigantea and Bigsby immediately took to it, all of which I felt very surprising because Bigsby was supposed to be a aquacultured clown. Bigsby was so small that in the morning, the size small pellets were too big for him, but he would grab them and feed the Condy. I know other Reefers have had their issues with Condy's but this one stayed in one spot for at least 5 months. Then it started to move because I had an ATO issue and the salinity dropped a couple points. The Condy which we actually name "Butters" said "I am out of here!" Butters packed her bags and started down the road to nowhere. I had to intervene because I had a few hammers and torches in between Butters and "nowhere". So I put Butters in the corner. But Bigsby said "Nobody put Butters in the corner". So even though Butters is very happy in the corner, Bigsby keeps there old spot clean and clear just in case Butters wants to come home. I can not put anything there. By the next morning Bigsby will have removed any trespassing coral. It is not like Bigsby is pining away wait for Butters return, because the day is spent with Butters "in the corner".
Clownfish they are just Cray Cray...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nutramar Foods

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trap, you could loose a Finger, Hand or a nasty little tear in the skin between your thumb and forefinger. :grimacing-face:No telling where that nasty little mouth has been. Someone should make a semi-parody Clownfish Movie based on Jaws.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, do the clowns start biting when they get older? Mine were small when I got them about 7 months ago, so not fully grown. They tend to shy away when my hand goes in the tank. Or are they just baiting me, setting me up not to fear them?
Some do some don’t…I got unlucky.
Funny enough is that if anyone else sticks their arm in the tank, she doesn’t bite - only me.

VictoriaW

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, do the clowns start biting when they get older? Mine were small when I got them about 7 months ago, so not fully grown. They tend to shy away when my hand goes in the tank. Or are they just baiting me, setting me up not to fear them?
Do you have children? … Eventually, they become teenagers!!

Avast

MinnieMouse2

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our clown fish would not stop fighting. It was turning real bloody. I kept ordering anemones that did not survive. Finally, a local reefer had a split and we had an anemone that survived. The fighting stopped. Now our female tucks the anemone in at night and floats on it during the day. She has not killed anything, but is very protective of her anemone. She will take on the puffer fish anytime it goes near. Last time the puffer showed war wounds. They are serious about their anemones.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Rocketfish

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is hilarious…
I’m afraid of what the movie would look like!
I find your comment especially hilarious considering your normal signature is "Sharkbait Oooh-Ha-Ha!" Are you changing it to "Clownbait Oooh-Ha-Ha" now? lol!

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amy and Rory are piranhas. They bite hands, they bite corals, they bite rocks.

I call the big one Bitey. And the little one Bitey.

They stripped a gorgonian to the skeleton when they disagreed with its placement. They went after a duncan for a while. They now have a colt coral that they bite regularly but it's fortunately indestructible.

Those two fish are devils and I love them dearly!

clown.jpg

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Battlecorals
Back