Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I added these to both of my 210 gallon tanks. I’m not sure how much I like them. Setup and changing are difficult (maybe easier on the new cloud version). So I haven’t made a lot of changes. Anybody out there who uses these and can give me suggestions for a mixed reef trying to get sps established, but had a down turn and working to get it happy. Or for a predator tank with puffer/lion/panther grouper and Cat shark. Wondering if here I should have more change some strong, but then longer periods of a gentler flow. Any suggestions welcome. Have GSP, Toadstool, devils hand, and Cespitularia, but the puffer is mowing the Cespitularia down pretty strong.
So much for a FOWLR. Could t resist adding some softies.

396D93D5-2C99-4174-8D15-8799CC3BFE16.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the wireless control? The ICV6 thing or what ever it is called? I had an issue getting into programing the dang thing. That being said, I have pretty good flow "I think" in my cube. I am running a mixed tank with everything from Zoa's to Euphlliya's to SPS which are all doing great except one tort. still trying to figure that one out.
I like using my LPS as my guide for setting the flow. where as you will have a push then a relax. Of course in a mixed tank your LPS extension will not be as big because of your higher currant, so keep that in mind.
I am still trying to get to the clock setting on my controller where I can set different strengths throughout the day to match tides and light intensity. but that is for another day.

World Wide Corals

srobertb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m late. Sorry. I would have told you to return them had I seen this.

they’re awful. I gave up on the ICV6 years ago as it was difficult to connect to and more difficult to stay connected to. I blew several controllers and power bricks to the point where I just gave up trying for warranty claims and bought a Hydros Wave Engine (which is no prize either).

They are finicky to put back together. Sometimes it’s easy and sometimes it’s hours of tiny adjustments and tweaks to the propellor shaft before they work without error.

The moment they hit water they start slowing down until a few weeks to a month later they’re barely working at all. I’m all for cleaning powerheads every 3 months but I can’t recall the last powerhead I had that degraded so quickly.

Buy replacement drive shafts. Like 2 or 3 and plan on replacing them every few months when they strip. They don’t seal well and a little speck of sand will shred the interior. Yes I know they upgraded the shaft some time ago. No they didn’t fix the issue.

I just received 2 cloud versions- I’m cheap and can’t fathom spending $1600 on 2 MP60’s. I’m disappointed and kicking myself. I’m going to do a search but it looks like they made it difficult to replace the drive shaft on the clouds. If that’s the case, when sand inevitably gets in there and shreds it, they’ll be garbage. If that’s the case, these are going back.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

First Choice
Back