Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I hope you like them. I do! One trick (laziness) is every week or so I will set them to 100% reverse flow for a min and it would dislodge any gunk or food in the propellers.
Also, just know that the outside magnets are like glue!! Super tough to move. If you don’t want them to stick, try leaving the protective plastic on the magnet or place something thin like tissue paper between it and the glass. At least until you decide you’re happy with placement.
Good to know! Lol wow are they really that sticky? Once you get it off can you move it again or will it not stick again

BRS

mrpontiac80

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know! Lol wow are they really that sticky? Once you get it off can you move it again or will it not stick again
They are so very sticky! Just Google or do a search on here about how to remove the dry side and you will find people talking about using wooden spoons to try to pry them off and things like that. It is a magnet, but it has some sort of a Spongy coating on the dry side that just seems to act like a sticker.

srobertb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Looking to add some flow to my 120G it’s the 5 ft tank dimension. LPS dominant looking to add some SPS but right now only have 2 Sicce x stream pumps at 100% and not cutting it. What is your reviews on the maxpect gyre pumps? From what I’m reading people say they crap out pretty quickly and are not worth the money.
Looking at the 4K Jump or the newer xf350.
Thank you
I wanted to try something new…my MP40’s weren’t going to work on my tank so I went with XF350’s. I’m regretting it. Should have went with MP60’s.

I initially went through several powerbricks and I think I have 2-3 dead controllers and ICV6’s in my basement. One particular and fond memory being us walking out the door to the airport for a 2 week vacation to see I lost one gyre to a bad controller Port.

Coralvue and I gave up on trying to repair them. I bought a hydros wave engine…which about 2 months ago lost one of the drive ports out of the blue.

They clog. I don’t have a dirty tank. Yet these things have to be taken out and cleaned every 2 weeks to a month. I HATE it because when I put them back together, they always give me an error. It can take 30 seconds to hours to get them lined up and working again correctly.

Don’t clean them? They degrade to almost no flow.

Cost? The shaft is stripped and mangled 2-3 times a year. There are NASCAR teams that keep less spare backup parts around than I do for these pumps.

I was excited to see a newer version but it looks like lipstick on a pig to me.

AS
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Kessil
Back