Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 220 display is fallow right now. I also have a 125 that is fallow. I have a pair of maroon clowns in quarantine and a pair of oscelaris also in quarantine. Wondering if they might be able to be in the 220 together. I have 2 anemones in the 220. I can easily move one of the anemones around the tank to the side, etc... the other one is right in the middle and not moving.

Interesting info on this specific scenario is that the maroon clowns are very peaceful. The female is about 4 inches and the male about 2 inches. They do host in an anemone usually (before fallow). With the oscellaris, one is regular and is fine, about 2", the other one is a Wyoming white and is a complete a hole. It killed the first oscellaris it was with, and is the only fish that bites me. When my hand goes it, it darts right to me and attacks me. It looks ok, but not my favorite fish.

Wondering if the two pairs would be ok in their own anemones in the 220? Won't hurt my feelings if you say it's a bad idea, the oscellaris can go back in the 125 when fallow is complete in 28 days (yeah! I'm under a month to go with this madness and as far as I know I haven't lost anyone, have a sopas and blenny I don't see but they both hide constantly in the display and my ammonia is zero).

Top Shelf Aquatics

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IME it depends on the individual fish. The 220 should be enough space to house multiple pairs of clowns, but Maroons can take over an entire large tank and not share. Additionally, sometimes clownfish can be peaceful right up until they're not. I would give you reasonable odds, but not a guarantee. Good luck with whatever you decide!

OP
OP
apache2a

apache2a

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME it depends on the individual fish. The 220 should be enough space to house multiple pairs of clowns, but Maroons can take over an entire large tank and not share. Additionally, sometimes clownfish can be peaceful right up until they're not. I would give you reasonable odds, but not a guarantee. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Thanks! I haven't had my copper high enough so I think I'm going to have to go another 3 weeks in qt...but I'll get there eventually!

Top Shelf Aquatics

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might work. The larger clowns, maroons, tomatoes, and clarkii are the three I have had take to nems almost immediately while oscellaris take longer and may not even take to a nem. Also there is no guarantee the nem you move will stay where you put it. A 240 is large enough I would try it if that is what you want. But I will say I have no experience keeping multiple species at once so take my advise with a grain of salt ;)

have a sopas and blenny I don't see but they both hide constantly in the display
On another note if these fish are in the DT that is fallow then it really isn't fallow :thinking-face:

OP
OP
apache2a

apache2a

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They aren't in the display. 74 days now living in plastic bins on the floor of thr finished basement. 2 weeks hyposalinty, 30 days copper, 12 days total prazipro, and then another 20 days regular. Its been quite the endeavor, but yes, the tank has been fallow.

When I did the water change to get the copper out and to add the prazipro I saw the sopas tang. He's alive.

Of the 16 fish I have had in bins and in treatment (1 of the 16 is a sailfin tang I got for a friend when I got my powder blue and treated him for my friend...who coincidentally got his own powder blue separately that got ich and all of his fish are now dying)....all the fish are alive and well except one blue green chromis that is swimming at the top of the bin in the current and has been like that for a week. That started after the first dose of prazipro and I'm pretty sure he had flukes in his gills and can't breathe right. The rest of the fish are doing great. A valentini puffer had no problems at all in a month of copper and the 6 line wrasse had no problems in the prazipro.

Nutramar Foods

Ks4726

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe if you put the ocelaris in first then the maroons, they might just accept them as part of the landscape being the new fish. I have a pair of maroons, when I added them I had a ocelaris in there that I couldn't catch that someone gave me. I didn't even want it. The female harrased it to the point where I found it on the carpet one day. My 3 inch male even harassed my 7 inch emperor angel to.the point where i removed the clowns. If a maroon doesn't like someone, you'll know quick. And when they lay eggs, watch out. Not sure how old your fish are, but they will get nastier with age.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back