Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only while it is smaller if you want it to be happy. They are not big swimmers like a tang but they do get decent sized. In my experiance they are pretty slow growing.
They hate bright light. They could do o.k. in a 55 if they have a large enough cave to live in. That said, the smallest I kept one in is a 125. He'd come out everyday when I walked in the door from work and greet me then go back into his cave away from the lights.

They don't move much, they hate bright lights. They can be difficult to get eating frozen food. Mine ate frozen and almost anything I put in the tank.

BRS
OP
OP
ThRoewer

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Are they taking all foods dry and frozen?
All of my Marine Bettas were raised on TDO. Even all my wild caught ones take TDO and come begging for food when they see me.

Could i have one in a 55 gallon?
I have singles in 20 gallon tanks without problems. 55 gallon is definitely sufficient as long as you have enough caves and overhangs.

AS
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Bpfor3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my two, still languishing in my refugium. Going in 2 plus years. They were smaller than my pinky when i got them. They are at the end of the video. one is definitely larger. most of the time they are on separate sides of the tank, but at times i see them together.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Champion Lighting & Supply
Back