Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Biota Mandarin who is about 2.5 years old in my JBJ 45. he eats frozen food and i turn all the pumps off and throw him about 1.5 cubes daily In one feeding. I notice when i dont throw food he also swims around and does appear to pick stuff off the rocks.

I will soon be moving my fish over to a 40B. I am considuring making a separate tank for my Mandy with either a 15 Nugo fusion AIO or an aqueon 15 and just leaving the Mandy in there with some Macroalgae. Does this seem like a feasible tank? I am unsure if he is currently subsisting off of a pod population or if i move him if i throw in 2 cubes or so and maybe some pellets it will Keep him at a healthy weight As the food can just sit in the tank and he can have it without competition.

A22AD614-4787-4CE5-9BD5-095001D3F49A.jpeg

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
djryan2000

djryan2000

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Biota Mandarin who is about 2.5 years old in my JBJ 45. he eats frozen food and i turn all the pumps off and throw him about 1.5 cubes daily In one feeding. I notice when i dont throw food he also swims around and does appear to pick stuff off the rocks.

I will soon be moving my fish over to a 40B. I am considuring making a separate tank for my Mandy with either a 15 Nugo fusion AIO or an aqueon 15 and just leaving the Mandy in there with some Macroalgae. Does this seem like a feasible tank? I am unsure if he is currently subsisting off of a pod population or if i move him if i throw in 2 cubes or so and maybe some pellets it will Keep him at a healthy weight As the food can just sit in the tank and he can have it without competition.

View attachment 3140989
Some reading I’ve found is that the 30 gallon recommendation is not due to diet or anything similar.. it’s based on the fact that they are exploratory fish. I’m thinking I’ll keep my Mandy in the current tank adn try to get more aggressive nutrient export.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back