Malaysian Banana Torch (Splitting)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Same … would be really hard to standardize… just because corals produce so many colors … but yeah … that’s the best part of this hobby (the colors part)

And why people should not buy based on the name. They should buy based on the colors and what appeals to them

OP
OP
Coral Kai

Coral Kai

View Badges
Reaction score
Added some more torches on the site. Slowly ramping up the inventory

No bananas added yet ... but here's a video of one

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Added some more torches on the site. Slowly ramping up the inventory

No bananas added yet ... but here's a video of one

I like your website-clean and simple-but I have one suggestion. Your corals are healthy and colorful, posting your basic parameters might be helpful to shoppers wanting to maintain that color (PAR, Alk, phosphate, nitrate).

OP
OP
Coral Kai

Coral Kai

View Badges
Reaction score
I like your website-clean and simple-but I have one suggestion. Your corals are healthy and colorful, posting your basic parameters might be helpful to shoppers wanting to maintain that color (PAR, Alk, phosphate, nitrate).
appreciate you sir...let me work on that

OP
OP
Coral Kai

Coral Kai

View Badges
Reaction score
For now, most of my torches are 200-250 par on the frag racks. 100-150 for the ones on the sand where my bigger colonies sit

Parameters range I generally like to keep
Alk 9 - 9.5 dkh
Calcium - 400-450
Po4 - .1 - .3
No3 - 10 - 30
Magnesium 1400-1500

I don't do anything for pH

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks that is helpful. In my tank I am trying to balance PAR for gonis (seem to prefer lower) and torches (anything gold/yellow prefers higher PAR for good color). My ‘gold’ torches grow fine at lower PAR but lose some color.

OP
OP
Coral Kai

Coral Kai

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks that is helpful. In my tank I am trying to balance PAR for gonis (seem to prefer lower) and torches (anything gold/yellow prefers higher PAR for good color). My ‘gold’ torches grow fine at lower PAR but lose some color.
Yeah for my grow outs … I’m ok with them losing color … they go to higher par before they get ready for sale, the colors come back

… so I have some doing that now to get ready for RAP CA in September

OP
OP
Coral Kai

Coral Kai

View Badges
Reaction score
Here's my 2 runs right now for my biggest tanks

1721004471394.png
1721004485841.png

OP
OP
Coral Kai

Coral Kai

View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve heard those testers aren’t that accurate. Have you ever compared results to manual tests? I’m curious not criticizing. Hard to find people with these devices and I’ve considered one before
it's good enough for me ... i have 8 separate tanks that need testing... so i will sacrifice accuracy for time

you will get some weird results sometimes...then u just test again. i do have all the hannah testers... it works out fine for what i need

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back